Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but I've checked online for 4 days trying to find the solution to my problem.
I have a 2005 scion xb and I replaced both rear wheel bearings and now the car has all the lights on. I've made sure the abs is plugged into the mechanism on the hub itself but I'm not getting anywhere with it. Some say drive and itll go away, some say reset the computer. I've tried disconnecting power and that didnt work either. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had all those come on right before fuel pump failure. But it also stopped running right away. Can you take it to a pets store for a check engine light reading?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no check engine light on so it's not throwing codes for a regular obd2 checker unfortunately. A little more context is that I changed the rear wheel bearing and now the lights wont go off. I've tried all the reset things I could find online and I'm just hoping I didnt get a brand new bearing with bad sensor.
Do the brake drums have a sensor that would set them off for being like a brake pad warning?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen on my Gen2. It was the wire from the sensor/hub that led into the back of the car. I ordered the wire (it was the passenger side) from dealer/seller. Replaced it and BING! no more lights on. You can go to dealer or Google wire diagram to figure out part number. Must have been a short some where in the harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this problem with the VSC, TRAC OFF and the can with a drop symbol lights going on in my original (owner) 2006 xB. It started in 2015. The local dealer (yes, I was still doing dealer repairs) replaced a sensor. But then it happened again months later. It continues to do this when I need an oil change. Usually, I can get them to shut off because the gas cap wasn't shut tightly. About two weeks ago, the warning lights started again. The gas cap trick wasn't working. So online to Google I went. Another tip was to clean around the gas cap (I wet a paper towel with water), which I did and then put the cap back on as tightly as I could. They also suggested to clean around the door. I won't be doing that again! The clip fell off and I could not get the door opened. Even the mechanic (I'm now going to a trusty mechanic who doesn't go ka-ching when I walk in.They are honest and friendly) I use now couldn't snap it back on. He finally had to glue it back on. Anyway, as soon as I did the clean (the next day when I drove the car), the lights were OFF! I still kept the appointment because an oil change was needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts