Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MrMike
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my poor little '06 xb has had some problems. Took it in to the dealership recently for a bent wheel and to have a larger problem assessed (the vsc, abs and trac lights were all on, all the time). Knew there was an electrical short somewhere but didn't feel like trying to track it down, myself.
Long story short, was told they found codes C0278 and C1223 for abs actuator failure. From the report "MAY HAVE BEEN SHORTED DUE TO INTERNAL CHARGE CAUSED BY ELECTRICAL CHARGE OF SOME SORT." Super helpful, right? Toyota wants $2200 for the part, so I told them I'd find it myself. I'm a bit concerned, however, because I'm finding "ABS actuator assemblies" for anywhere from $75-240 online.
My question: Is this just an example of super price gouging on Toyota's part, or am I looking up the wrong part? Their service desk was pretty useless, but I'm hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. Any information appreciated. Thank you! :)

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Call up a parts department and ask them for the part number, or it might be listed on your quote from the dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts