Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first attempt with fiberglass. Still need to make the passenger eyelid. Haven't decided wether to do eyelids or not. What do you all think? Next comes the finer detail work!

Another thanks, to Padanky for the help on the how to!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Not a bad start man. Now just keep patching and sanding, patching and sanding.

Whether or not YOU want to run eye lids, it's up to you. However, seeing as you have 1 headlight practically finished, you should do the other side. If you dont want the eyelids, just sell em off if you think the quality is good enough.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't really care for how the top of the grill isn't inline with the top of the lights. Don't know if I should build up the grill or not. The grills top fin goes downwards, as to where the top of the lights a square.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I finally got to work on this some more the last couple of days and now its ready for primer. Have a question thou. Can I buy Rattle can sandable primer from the autozone, Advanced Auto, or O'rieley's? Is it decent primer? If so which brand should I look for? Does it adhere to the plastic and bondo well?
Heres an updated pic. It is super smooth!!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
go to a body shop supply store and buy the DuPont spray can primer, it is about 15.00-16.00 bux a can BUT it is worth the $$$. This is REAL primer

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I hit it with some primer, still have a little more sanding to do, but its coming along.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
679 Posts
that looks good! i need to pick up another stock one, i kinda want to do the same except make the panel in the center... not sure if that will look good tho

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looking good. Make the eyelids. It would be like a FFF but with seperate pieces for the grill and headlights.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good, Hope I helped!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You did! You helped alot. Sorry to keep picking your brain about it, but it turned out good. Now just have to come up with something that matches on the lower two grills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.