Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Zauber Glazeden (spelling) monoblock wheels on my xB in the summers. They are 17x7.5 and an ET38 offset I believe. Sid can correct me if I'm wrong on that stuff.

I have a Red Genie lip kit on the way to my house as we speak and a Garson spoiler in my garage waiting for paint.

My dilema is I can't decide wether or not to stick with these wheels or to go back to what I truely love, 15" wheels with dish.

I sell custom offset deep dish steelies that I could get chromed, OR I have always toyed with the idea of getting some deep Sportmax wheels and paint the faces to BCP to match my car.

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!

Here are some pics. One with the steelies I had and one with the monoblock wheels.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
chad, its Zauber Glanzen 17x7 ET 40
with Kumho Ecsta 215/45-17 tires

The wheels really compliments the dark shiny BCP of yours.
But I do understand how sometimes we can't really get enough on what wheels we want.
even Steve bBist and Nilo of SE have change over 5 sets of wheels.

good luck!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I really think the steelies look good. Nothing at all bad with the 17's but the 15's look awesome. Plus you say you truly love the 15's so you have answered your own question.

I would like to pick up a set of steelies later this year.
What is the perfect et for the rear? I have the 501's now and the +15 looks great up front but the rear needs a little help. I don't want a 0 offset but something that brings them out a little.

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
I think you should chrome some 16" steelies and have the center paint-matched BCP.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The steelies I sell are available in chrome now as well. I could do that.

And Championjeep. The steelies I used to run on my xB were ET18 up front and ET6 out back and poked out of the fenders ever so slightly. A perfect fit in my book. I stretched the stock tires on and I am lowered on DF210's and never rubbed once.

I really do love the dish. The thing thats making this hard is I also like the added class the monoblock wheels bring to my ride.

Such a tough decision. Maybe I'll wait until I get my Red Genie lip kit the spoiler on there and THEN decided what to do about the wheels.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'm kind of liking the Zauber wheels. Sure, they aren't as flush as the steelies with as big of a lip. But I am sure you could push them out a bit with spacers and look pretty good.

By the way... anyone have a good source for the Zauber wheels? Or maybe Zauber's website? I did a quick google search and got a couple of hits. But not nearly as much information as I was hoping for.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey CTRUSS, I got a business proposal for ya. I can trade you my sportmax 002 for a set of steelies that you make. I will pay for the shipping. NO NEED TO CHROME. Tell me if you think this is fair. My sportmax are in great condition. I will send you pictures of them. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address if this would work for ya. Thanks. But if not it's cool.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^ That's not a bad idea, but I sell the steelies new through my business for more than the Sportmax wheels sell for. And I currently don't own a set of those steelies, I was considering making another set.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
CTRuss... Are you sourcing the steelies from the original source that I gave you? Or are you now using someone else? Just curious.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CTRuss... Are you sourcing the steelies from the original source that I gave you? Or are you now using someone else? Just curious.
No, I found another shop. My original source had poor customer service and seemed to always be out of stock on the parts to build the wheels when I would order them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts