Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had some led, i think they were meant to be running lights. but i put them in the cupholders...I got them from Autozone($20) for four, with 4 leds.

I started by using the brackets that they cam with to draw the circles. They usually fit through and screw on back of these brackets, luckily they fit just perfect to make the circles center...

Then i used a rotary tool and cut, well grinded the circles out...

Then put them in and wired them to the four output switch that i have under the dash, and blam...

Theres one more that i probably will put on the little piece that the iPod plug is on...

They look cool with bottles of Vault, i'll have to take a pic tonight...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice, creative use of the LED's. I'm also looking forward to seeing the bottle shots. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
361 Posts
thoes do look good. are they flat? how hard is it to get crumbs and seeds out of the holders?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raider, they are flat for the most part...

So heres a pic with water bottles at night. I usually have Vault bottles in them, but they kept coming out blurry...

And heres the debadged, then rebadged. I gotta find a way to get that haze from the Scion emblem. i used the hairdryer/floss method, and WD-40 for the sticky stuff...the scion emblem was much harder...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Raider, they are flat for the most part...

So heres a pic with water bottles at night. I usually have Vault bottles in them, but they kept coming out blurry...

And heres the debadged, then rebadged. I gotta find a way to get that haze from the Scion emblem. i used the hairdryer/floss method, and WD-40 for the sticky stuff...the scion emblem was much harder...
You can try a little "Goo Gone" or some light rubbing compound to remove the haze and then wax over it. Looking good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.