Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way I went about getting my 2006 Camo green xB 5 speed was quite interesting.

I originally bought the white automatic produced 12/2006

Now Im not sure what the quality control was like at that time when they were making the last of the "old" xB but on this one, it was lacking.

When I got the car, the radio was not installed yet as I ordered the upgrade iPod. So no radio which is fine. But, the remotes were not programmed, the dome light did not work and there were no hubcaps either. I had to argue with the dealer to not charge extra to put the iPod radio in since I was already paying for a radio that COMES with the car. The iPod is just a upgrade.
Now the salesman was fine as he was Scion certified. BUT the sales/floor manager was not and they did not know anything about this.

They told me that if the Scion already has the factory radio installed, they its an additional 189.00 to install the upgrade PLUS the 260 the radio costs.

I said no, installation is included. I KNOW I saw this somewhere but couldn't for the life of me find it.. ( let me know if you find it)

So I ended up taking the white xB without anything installed. Mistake. Do NOT take a car you didn't pick out.

By the time all of this was done it was about 8pm and I was tired and starving as I had not eaten all damn day.

The car had 4 miles on it. Supposedly it was PDI'd ( pre delivery inspection) But I seriously doubt it. I didn't like it from the get go. It didn't feel right and honestly that white color is just not attractive to me and I LOVE white on most everything I have ever owned.

Then the rattles/buzz's all over the place. 2-3 distinctively different ones.

Then I noticed the seat with the pulling threads.

Then the fuel gauge would act weird when you started it up. not reading properly when first started, it would bounce down to the E and vibrate for a about 3 seconds and then go up to whatever fuel level was in the tank.

Enough, I was already spooked about buying a Scion that was among the last made as I thought quality would suffer. I was right, at least on this one.

I went back explained my situation and they took it back and I bought th green one which was made in Sept of '05 has NO rattles, Sirius Sattellite installed, no funny gas gauge, no pulling threads

Lesson? Don't let the dealer put you in a car you don't want, and NEVER buy a car at night or when you are tired

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Glad that worked out for you. You should always be happy with a new car, no reason to make payments on something you're not pleased with.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
weird, my car had everything I wanted and some I didn't. But I haven't had to go to the dealer for anything in almost three years.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well, I am glad that you wound up with a great car in the end and I feel sorry for you that it had to be a disappointing experience at first.

Scion ownership should be a wonderful thing and I spend several hours each work day to make sure our dealership's customers can see that.

I also have a Sales Manager that isn't Scion Certified. Two, in fact now that I think about it. They are not allowed anywhere near my Scion customers in any way, shape, or form. It can turn what should be the best experience you will ever have buying a car into a fustercluck. Not cool.

In any case, enjoy your car and have fun with it! Welcome to the family.

-Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.