Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hmmmmmmm. Looks like one of those new top of the Lexus would already be in violation. They have 16 speakers.

I'm not sure that an ordinance like that will withstand judicial scrutiny.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah....but when you have a vinyl of BoomBox on the back....I'd get pulled over even if it wasn't turned on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well i live 30 min south of stl and im in stl all the time so im just going to have to turn down the sound but it does suck hard why dont they start looking for all the crack heads instead of looking for people with big systems. IT SUCKS

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
man they are trying this crap in n.c. its bullsh*t

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
So you can't even have a nice system installed in the car? :confused:

So, if I have a mega watt, mega bucks system, and the car is off, they'll take it because it's in there?

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty much. Makes me mad too. I mean, my system isn't pretty.....But it's loud as all craziness.....Do you know how many people will be put out of business because of this? It's absurd.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
First, WTF is an "alderman"? Never heard that one before. Is it like a City Council member or something?

Anyway, that is just freakin' stupid. Did you see this line?

The music gets so loud, said Alderman Dionne Flowers, that when "you're in bed, you fall out."
Seriously, go see a doctor. You have issues.

Obviously, this law has been passed before and repealed. I assume it will happen again.

-Alex

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, most of these people are the anal jerks that can't understand what hobbies are.

And yes, an Alderman is basically a part of another board of people just so they can be whiny and complainy....Think of it as a, "We're gonna find everything that people complain about, and then bring it to the City/County attention babies."

lol

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

The Mayor has not signed this, and is looking into a revised version. That's all I have fellow Mid-Westers.

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
An " Alderman " is a high ranking memeber in the church, this has been tried before in serveral place..all you have to do is bring out the " freedom of expression " quotes fom our constitution and that pretty much covers it..they tried it in some Cali. place too and it didnt fly..

·
Registered
827 Posts
They will take your car? That is ridiculous. I am not a huge fan of loud bass, but that seems to be a pretty minor offense to take your car. Why not put a time frame on it, like from 10 PM to 7 am?

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
HAHAHAHA, what's really funny is I have a cop for a neighborm and he has 6 12's in the back of his GMC typhoon. That thing has crazy bass. HAHAHAHHA

Boom, next time your over and he's home we will go check it out.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I saw this too late to catch the article. prolly won't happen if I was guessing what it was about. That's like the government wanting SUV's to not have tinted widows because the gangsters were driving them around.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Link doesn't work anymore, but if they are trying to pass something limiting the number of speakers in your car that is impossible.

It doesn't matter if you have 4 speakers or 40, all that matters is the volume of the sound comming from your car. They can't justify enforcing a law like that.

This is all asuming that I am guess correctly on what that article is about.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The original article was about the city passing a law that made it basically illegal for you to have a modified stereo in your car. This even includes factory upgrades. It even goes as far to include cars that come from the factory (high dollar cars) with a subwoofer and premium sound. In the end, a form of the law was passed, but not the original one stated in this thread. The sound ordinance was original a foot amount from the vehicle heard, now it's just if it's heard period. Oh, they get a nice dollar amount from you too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts