Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Scion God
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, to make a long story short.. Went to the Scion VIP at EAF event yesterday. After the long day there was finally over, we started our commute back to the OC.. After transitioning from the Westbound 10 to the Southbound 57, I noticed the Blinking blue and reds of our ever so loved CHP. I pull over to the shoulder and throw on the hazards and he pulls behind me. Walks up to the window and tells me that he pulled me over because of my Neon license plate frame. We tell him we just left the Pomona Raceway (which by the way he replies that he knows) and i offer to disconnect the light. He then walks to the front of the car and informs me that i have no license plate on the car.. By then we are starting to get a lil frustrated and he asks us to roll up the front windows.. My reply was immediately "No". He gets a lil purturbed and asks again.. No was still my reply.. So he reaches in the car and hits the window switch and rolls the window up halfway.. Gets me for the tint on my window also.. So after getting 3 correctible violations, we pull back on to the 57 and we call ketchup who was caravaning us.... we come to find out that the Cop was waiting just outside the Raceway looking for show cars to pull over.. What kind of crap is that... Isnt that considered "entrapment"?? BTW... before i signed the ticket,i wrote that i was driving with my windows down so he had no reason to question me on them.... Guess i have to get ahold of my old neighbor who works for City of Orange PD to have them signed off.........

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
That really sucks!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
damn dude. now that's some BS right there

I wonder how many tickets they gave that night? :(

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Just remember..."To Protect And Serve"...as many citations as we can!

Sorry the hear that Johnny Law gave you the shaft Mike. I believe that he invaded your space by rolling up the windows...that just doesn't sound right to me. If you had them down when he pulled you over he shouldn't have the right to roll them up. I'm thinking a cut off switch may be in order for future pull overs.

It's always nice to know that the CHP is looking out for us by spending time effing with an xB rather than looking for the guy who had too many brewskies at the show and is weaving down the road somewhere. :mad:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Man that sucks but ive been told they can ask you to roll up the windows. And cops always wait outside a show to roll on ppl. Look at HIN not only are they rolling on the show cars but also on the specators every single year. The cops even go inside the convention center when the show was over and were handing out tickets for HID's a year ago. Thats why when i go to shows, its either i leave early or go home later than others. Im glad i left EAF early casue i was driving a purple RHD 180sx (real by the way) so i know i was asking for a ticket.

As for the signing off thing, i don't think it can be done any more. You have to go to the police station and have it signed that you have your tinit off and plate on and etc. Again this is info from a cop friend of mine.

But that sucks Kartel. Best of luck with that. Just next time, stick around after the shows so that the people leaving get caught first and then you can jsut cruze by.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
MattyRattyPoo said:
Im glad i left EAF early casue i was driving a purple RHD 180sx (real by the way) so i know i was asking for a ticket.
did you went to Longo Toyota by any chance after EAF?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
He was just jealous you won first place in the Scion VIP contest!

·
BALLIZTIK REJECT.
207 Posts
i talked to my sister who is a cop and says all he had the right to bust u for was the no front plate. Because u offered to unplug the frame that was ok. He had no right to reach in ur car and check for tint like that. She said call CHP and make complaint about him reaching in ur car. By the way that really sucks.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
what a douch bag

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Ok, ok, ok, before the POLICE BASHING gets out of hand, here's the dealio.

And this is coming from me, a Police Officer w/ 13 contiuous years in Oakland.

ANYTIME a vehicle is driven on a PUBLIC roadway, its is subject to be stopped, ie, Vehicle Enforcement stop.

You can be checked for a number of items that MUST BE in accordance w/ the CA Vehicle Code. Meaning, if I really wanted to be a jerk, I could say that I want to measure your brake pads, and if they are not within spec, then I can cite you for an unsafe vehicle.

CHP are the worst. They can check your windows once stopped. They can ask you to open your hood, and if you refuse, your vehicle can be towed. They can ask to look in your trunk for your jack and your spare.

Bottom line is: If your vehicle is on a public roadway, you can be stopped. BS violations/infractions just give the Officer more Probable Cause to stop you. If your car does not appear to be OEM, ie, as it came from the factory, I guarantee, there is a violation for it in the Vehicle Code book.

Rant off, continue your bashing.

And if you didn't know, SoCal has a multi-agency task force that targets car shows.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
squirrel said:
Ok, ok, ok, before the POLICE BASHING gets out of hand, here's the dealio.

And this is coming from me, a Police Officer w/ 13 contiuous years in Oakland.

ANYTIME a vehicle is driven on a PUBLIC roadway, its is subject to be stopped, ie, Vehicle Enforcement stop.

You can be checked for a number of items that MUST BE in accordance w/ the CA Vehicle Code. Meaning, if I really wanted to be a jerk, I could say that I want to measure your brake pads, and if they are not within spec, then I can cite you for an unsafe vehicle.

CHP are the worst. They can check your windows once stopped. They can ask you to open your hood, and if you refuse, your vehicle can be towed. They can ask to look in your trunk for your jack and your spare.

Bottom line is: If your vehicle is on a public roadway, you can be stopped. BS violations/infractions just give the Officer more Probable Cause to stop you. If your car does not appear to be OEM, ie, as it came from the factory, I guarantee, there is a violation for it in the Vehicle Code book.

Rant off, continue your bashing.

And if you didn't know, SoCal has a multi-agency task force that targets car shows.
Oakland. WOW PROPS.
YEA I JUST GOT ON THE FWY. AFTER MIKE AND HE SAW THAT BLUE LIGHT AND TOOK OFF LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL AFTER HIM

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
squirrel said:
What happens if you dont have your jack or spare in the trunk?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
nyte_ryder said:
THEY TAKE YOUR CAR AND CRUSH IT LOLOLOOLOL

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
nyte_ryder said:
That's what AAA is for, at least in my car it is.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
nyte_ryder said:
You can be cited for not having the proper safety equipment.

There a section on how what specs sunglasses have to be also.

I can even tow a car if you don't have all of the lugnuts on (unsafe vehicle), and if I wanted to be a jerk, check the torque specs according to the manual.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Kartel, that sucks about the ticket.

Congrats on the Scion VIP contest.
Question, what about parking lots? They’re a public area, but I believe privately owned by the stores. We have a cop wander by our meets occasionally to “remind” us not to drive with our underglow on. Since we’re parked I’m pretty sure he can’t ticket us then. (At least he's never tried.) What if I want to cruise around in the lot fully lit. Can he nail me then since I’m moving? :confused:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.