Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did some painting with DupliColor Metal Flakes...Here are some pics...i need to redo the rear strut tower cover and rear grilles that pop off, oh and the steering wheel inserts... I painted the door handle pulls, engine cover, the plasitc parts around the window controld, the locks, underhood fuse box cover, the center console piece, shift knob, the ring around the shift and i think thats it...I also took out the rear compartments and laid my box down and set the amp on top...And added my gauge from ChadFo(SL)...oh and i re-wired my fogs to come on with the parking lights...

I also got my new windshield put in today...and i'm getting my 2.25" resonator(sp) back, custom bent, with magnaflow muffler put on tomorrow...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Very nice, that turned out great! I really like the metal paint. If they made that in a white I'd be all over it. Looking forward to pics of your new Magnaflow!

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Looks good! What was wrong with your old windshield?? Oh, and how do you take off those pieces around the window controls??

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good Preston!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Speedo is awsome and the flake is a great touch. Did you have any trouble with the paint fish eyeing from old armoral being on there?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Peterbuilt: I will, and i will probably post a sound clip...

Taz: of course

Caden: It had a nice size crack; the rear ones just pop out, the front pass, its tricky, you have to pull from the left side, because theres a tab that provides pressure to hold it in, DO NOT pull up from the the right side, theres a tab that slides under the fabric part of the door. If you do, you WILL break that tab. Guess how I know :cool:...the driver side is the opposite, pull from the right instead of left. Once you have them out, the actual window control has tabs to hold it in. Except for the driver side, it has three screws...

ShortBus: I don't know which part you are talking about, but since I don't use Armorall the answer is no...

Thanks for the compliments everyone...

·
Registered
485 Posts
i had someone pull up next to me today while i was driving and they said "hey, your rear window is falling out of your car". So immediately i look back and luckily everything is ok. I then proceed to explain that im sure they just heard the hatch rattling. But i checked it when i got where i was goin just in case. All was ok, but tha guy scared me for a second.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay so here are a few pics of the exhaust. They ended up cutting the resonator off and going from there...3.5"tip...I almost wish i would have left it on...almost. I tell you this, it will make me not speed away from stops, because its loud even at low rpms. But I like it its deep. I have a sound clip but my putfile is acting up...

Magnaflow part 10415

Here is a pic of how my fogs look pointing at my house

·
Registered
45 Posts
truly great work .. ihave been plaingon doing mine green along with my them..

great tips bye the way .. lets just hope i dont break it.. lol:D

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:confused: backseatcris what u talkin about :confused: u been drinkin:p jk ///Big K. lookin good like ur interior paintin looks good. were ya get the speedo gauge overlay its cool

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The new exhaust kicks butt! Very nice. :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Madmax, I got it from Chadfo on SL, but i was recently(after i bought it) informed that they can be easily made from EL sheets.

boxboy, if you break the tabs you might be able to glue it back. even then it will still fit back in, but when you shut the door the air pressure pushes it up a little.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heres a few pics from Street Battle

And i actually cleaned my engine bay...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.