Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I feel pretty dumb here. I ordered led's and bulbs because I wasn't sure which to use. I used instructions from earlier thread here. They came in friday. I just took off the 3 knobs but I can't get the panel off. I tried pulling down on the a/c vents together, and separate with both hands. I tried using a small flathead on the lower left and nothing. I don't want to break this thing. I tried prying above the left a/c vent assuming there was a clip or someting (I could kind of see something back there). All that did was put a nice gash in the silver part of the console. To avoid further damage to my wife's car, anyone have any suggestions or a picture of the back of this thing, so I can get some idea of what I'm working with? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, yeah, I did remove the screws and knobs first. I was trying to pull down on the A/C vents because I didn't want to pry. I went back and re-read the earlier posts and decided to give it one more try with the screwdriver. And this time the bottom left section popped off. I tried the LED's and they looked good but the edges were dull, so I tried the bulbs. More even but nowhere close to being as bright. It's my wife's car so I gave her the choice, and she chose the bulbs. They look good I think. Definitely better than the factory ambers. I probably would have went with the LED's because they seem to match the factory blue neons a little better, but once again, it's her car. "Happy wife, happy life!" Ha Ha. Thanks to everyone for all your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.