Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have done the DIY, you will know what I am talking about...

Does anyone have info on where (or what they are called) to buy those plastic screw bases that the bulb sits in under the climate control part of the dash?

Id like to do a few different colors w? some spare LEDs and swap them out whenever I felt the need.

Na Zdrowie!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here you go..

Scion xB
Clock
4 – LEDS
TOTAL: $3.96

Part #’s:
PLCC-2 LEDs @ $0.99ea (garage1217.com)
---------------------------------------------------------

HVAC
2 - #74 bulbs
TOTAL: $5.98

Part #:
Neo - Wedge Instrument Panel Bulbs are 10mm (3/8") diameter x 13mm (1/2") [email protected] 2.99ea (autolumination.com/74.htm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speedo
4 –LEDS
TOTAL: $3.00

Part #’s:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steering Wheel Controls:
3 LEDs
TOTAL: $2.97

Part #’s:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I don’t think you can order the base alone.

I had to order the whole bulb (about $5) from Toyota back when I first started trying to figure out the swap. Weirdly the base was actually a bit smaller than the OEM ones that came in the xB, but worked if you positioned them just right.

For what you want to do I would probably just buy the direct replacements that come with the base. I’m personally not as fond of the light spread on these, but much easier and probably cheaper.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
after i installed my light i git curious due to the light dispersment. i re-added the little condoms from the stock bulbs to my leds and got better dispersement without losing color. Just a tip to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.