Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First you will need to remove rear bumper:

1st. Tools needed, wire crimpers, 10mm wrench and socket, phillips screw driver, file or grinder.
2nd. Using a 10mm wrench remove the small bolts in the top corners of bumper next to the wheels.
3rd. Using a phillips screw driver. In the bottom corner of the bumper, below the bolts above. On the clip nearest the corner, unscrew the center of the clip and remove both parts of the clip.
4th. Using a 10mm socket remove the four bolts along the top edge of the bumper under the hatch.
5th. Using a 10mm socket remove the two bolts on bottom holding the bumper straps to the rear body panel.
6th. under the center of the bumper, unplug the yellow connector. Connector is to the side markers.

Once all of these fasteners are removed grab the top corners near wheels and pull out and back ( a little help is best, someone on each end) the bumper will come off with very little muscle.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Part II

First remove the old light with a 10mm socket.

The new light will fit with no modification to the bumper. There is a small metal flat piece on the light, bend it down at an angle (don't break it off). Take off the black clips and shave off a little like in the picture (one is shaved the other isn't in the pic). You will have to cut your stock plug off and find a pig tail the new lights (they don't come with the pig tail or lights) I used pig tails and bulbs from chevy pick-up license plate lights. Just splice the pig tails into your stock wiring the went to the old lights. The Altima lights will move a little, just use a hot glue gun and put a little glue to keep them from tilting crooked (hot glue will peel out if needed)

Thanks Skeeter!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Thanks Chris, now I just gotta find me some of those side markers. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have to revive this... I have ended up getting two different sets of lights neither appear like they will work (although one set would make for a cool replacement for the turn signal markers...) but one might be pretty close.

Does anyone know the hole size left by the removal? I am trying to avoid doing this until I am sure I have a light that will fit.. I would love to get my hands on a set of smoked ones if anyone has them...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hole is around 1.25"x2"

·
Registered
119 Posts
That might be close. The ones I found I know are good length wise but not sure they will be wide enough, when the weather breaks a bit I may have to tackle this one. If it works I wil post picts of the light as I have not seen these yet...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks, this is helpful. I had to replace a side marker that I broke and was trying to do it w/o taking the bumper off cuz i htought it would be too much work. After seeing this, it doesn't seem like too much work, so that's what I'll do.

THANKS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.