Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting this option when I get my xB in Febuary and I was just wondering if it is really worth it... does it produce a reasonable amount of "bump"?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
IMHO, you can do better with what the price is for the sub. Plus, it an awkward shape and takes up more room that what appears.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
yeah I hear it's not bad sound wise, but it does cost way more than what it is worth. (like most things from the dealer) and like Squirel said it's an odd size that cuts into your storage space in the back

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Bazooka makes some pretty good products. They have good quality to price ratio, but as the others have said, from the dealer, it is a mod not worth it. Too pricey from the dealer, the 8" bazooka tube can be found other places for much cheaper.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Too much $$$ from dealer, I put a 12" under the pass. seat, amp kit, Norcal harness, 850w amp in the cubby hole in the back for around $250.

And you can't see any of it unless you are looking for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
im in agreement with everyone else. the sub does sound decent, especially inside the car. however, for a few hundred bucks, less than what the dealer is gonna charge you can do way better.

i did the opposite of what padanky did, i have my amp under the pass seat and sub in the cubby hole, cause i didnt want to deafen my passengers. and i plan to add a sub under the driver seat at some point for a little more bump. there are plenty of shallow 10 and 12" subs out there that will fit in a custom box and easily fit in the cubby hole with a little effort.

save a few bucks and get something that will probably even sound better.

·
Registered
485 Posts
mike_szam said:
bazooka is crap thats all i have to say
yeah, mine was cracking after about 5 months. i mean, the things job is to make excessive amounts of bass...so if it breaks after 5 months id say it was crap from the start. although i must say it did sound pretty good for those 5 months. unfortunately its 150 watts for $400.......which for about half that price you can get 1500 watts of power with a lot nicer packaging and durability IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.