Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine got a TC and got the 7/100 extended warranty for 1,400
i wondering if it worth it does anyone know if it has a deductable or if its just simply an extension of the factory warranty

if it has a deductable i dont think its worth it
anyone have or know about this

·
Registered
274 Posts
I got this but I don't remember it being that much. I thought it was only like 800 or so. I'd have to read the paperwork again to see about a deductable. I don't remember off hand.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You can get it with a $50 deductible or a $0 deductible. My 7yr/100,000 mile $0 deduct. is pure priced at $1395.

One thing many people miss about these extensions is that they can be FULLY REFUNDABLE if you do not use it over that time period. Now, that doesn't apply to EVERY service contract/extended warranty, but it applies to every one that I have pure priced on my website.

I think it's a damn good deal and have purchased the "Platinum Plan" (7yr/100,000 mile) on both of my xBs. And yes, I paid the pure price too. That's the point.

-Alex

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well the other thing i was looking into was Mechanical breakdown insurance thru GEICO

its a 7yr 100,000 bumper to bumper and it even covers things not covered by the manufacturers warranty
its only exclusions are normal wear tear like

"tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and linings, brake shoes, and tires.intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered."

its only 30 dollars a year roughly but packs a 250 deductable

so assuming theres 3 major repairs >350 in the next 7 years

Extended Scion Warranty
~200 a year * 7 years = ~$1395
1050 in repairs = $0 or $50
final cost = $1395

GEICO MBI
30 a year * 7years = $210
1050 in repairs = $750 (250 ded * 3)
final cost = $960

i dunno if its a big risk or not the other thing is tho the MBI will cover things not covered by the factory warranty

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I bought the 7 yr warr. and I feel it is worth it now a days. Yes, i have lowered my car and done other things to it, but that is why there is now the Magnesun Moss act. They physically have to show you in writing and by eye sight, why the things have occured. Before, they used to be able to say that the LED system you installed is the reason your tranny went out.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I think its worth having.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
What is the regular warranty? The only extra I got was the floor mats.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Anyone know what the Factory warranty is? No Extra's...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Its 36,000....I know this because I only have a thousand three hundred left so I cant drive my car to CA, bc somethings wrong with it and I need the warranty in tack! lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Thanks guys, I should be fine then. Considering the fact I've managed to only put 10,000 on it in 15 months.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Factory warranty on all NEW Scions (and Toyotas for that matter) is 3 years/36,000 miles bumper to bumper basic warranty. ALSO, the powertrain is warrantied to 5 years/60,000 miles which includes your engine, transmission, and drive axles.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

·
Registered
109 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
One thing many people miss about these extensions is that they can be FULLY REFUNDABLE if you do not use it over that time period. Now, that doesn't apply to EVERY service contract/extended warranty, but it applies to every one that I have pure priced on my website.

-Alex
Where can i find out if mine is fully refundable. If i can get $1,400 back when my box is paid for; hopefully in the next 9 months, then that would be sweet. My extended warrenty is through TFS, i had it all tied into my car loan.

The only thing i have had my box in for is a THD and some issues with my drivers seat fabric.

<==== keeps fingers crossed.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
CBSIMONSEZ said:
The only thing i have had my box in for is a THD and some issues with my drivers seat fabric.

<==== keeps fingers crossed.
What was wrong with the drivers seat fabric? Mine is starting to Fuzz up. Did they replace your?

·
Registered
4 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Or is it 3/36k?
yep its 3/36, powertrain is 5/60. emission warranty is 8/80

this is my first post, so i dont wanna come off big headed,

i am a Toyota Warranty Admin. assistant.

the ext. warranty is great, but it doesnt cover what you guys think it does,
its more of an Extened Powertrain warranty than anything else. sales guys will tell you that it will cover bumper-to-bumper,thats just so you will get it.
and when it comes time to use it, you will be pissed.
It basicly covers luberacatied(sp) parts. cv axles,bearings those types of things.
it wont cover lets say, a broken door handle, some short of rattle you get, if your center console door stops working.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.