Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like hey I was wondering if anybody knew the answer to this question... I tried searching for one but no luck... But yea... So like I remember when I was making my plan sheet for my xb I had come across a japanese tranny for the xb that was 6 speed.. And I think it was around $2500 for it.. But I lost the dam plan sheet it was on so now I am back to square one lookin for a dam tranny for my monster to be xb.. So anybody know of a 6 speed tranny or a hig end 5 speed?????

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MattyRattyPoo said:
I dont know of one.

I doubt like anybodys going to really know about because it didn't even seem like one of those company manufactured tranny more of like a small performance shop made product.. But I hope someone will know..

·
Registered
5 Posts
not sure. but didn't the Celica GTS in 2003 or so come with a 6spd?.... not sure, but if it did, maybe that could work somehow.

-AleXb.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AleXb said:
not sure. but didn't the Celica GTS in 2003 or so come with a 6spd?.... not sure, but if it did, maybe that could work somehow.

-AleXb.

thanks thats better than nuttin it gives me sumthin to look into.. now all i gotta find if was a 6 sd and find some blu prints...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep it turns out that the 2003 Celica GTS does come with a 6spd.. just gotta find a blu sheet of one and start comparing and see if its a bolt up...

·
Registered
276 Posts
if its not a bolt up... most machine shops can build the adapter plates. I knw in the honda world (don't stone me) one is made to adapt a b series tranny to an H22... so it is possible just costly...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big_Kokujin said:
Just go with the 8 speen tranny from the upcoming lexus LS460
lol... naw i dont fel like shifting that much... lol.. but that would be unique and give me extra point for awards:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
new shift knob Jay?

if thats seriously a 6 speed, we need to talk! lol. you dont update and throw up enough pics of that car of yours. hotness.

i still want your glass so bad. that and your new lights. and your mirrors. so freaking sick.

scotty

·
Registered
168 Posts
dingdingding.

HotBox has it basically nailed.

Although, hooking a 6spd to that motor is fairly old news by now (it's just that those who did it have clammed up becuase of their own reasons, mostly mouthy know-it-all morons from another site). The first person to accomplish the swap was an Echo driver (I'll leave unnamed, he hate scion owners - again, know-it-all's from elsewhere who know nothing) It's not much more complicated than using a JDM Trueno's C160. A little subframe notching and boxing. 5th gear will turn a higher RPM than the stock xb's stock C150, but the 6th will turn slower and still maintain a speed - anyone in the past who claimed 6th gear would be unusable due to power issues, well... they're clueless. But most already knew that.

Your shifter will sit a little further to the right (designed for RHD) but can be shimmed.

If you can get hold of the tranny (few grand), it's nothing any better qaulity tranny shop couldn't install.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the break down... i really could use that info... this will be great thing to know now..

now i just gotta think if i should still go wit the 6 speed or not...

decisions decisions decisions:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.