Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to not take up any space and I want to add some bass. This is my idea. I'm going with skar audio 3.5 tweeters vx-35 in the dash 6.5 mid woofers fsx65 in the doors and 6.5 subwoofers evl-65 in the rear speaker location. To my understanding ill have bass just not deep shaking bass. I've been looking at custom boxes or under the seat locations but I just thought that those rear subs would give me enough hit. Maybe if I pack the area behind them with poly stuffing and priod to that dynamat the panel. I'm going to be running their 4 channel skv2 100.4ab. I guess I'm asking a pretty specific question but honestly it was just long winded. Will those subs hit decently? Thank you in advance.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,533 Posts
No, no and no.

Part of getting actual bass is having an enclosed area behind the woofer to keep the front and rear sound waves from interfering or canceling each other. Also to give the sub some air resistance so that it doesn't unload at the lower frequencies.

That said it looks like there is plenty of room to build at least a sealed enclosure in there to Skar's specs. You might even have the room for a ported enclosure but I can't tell from pictures so you'd have to measure the air space in there. You'll still need to dampen the body panels behind that area before putting any sub in there, you're going to get rattles otherwise.

Get the dual 2-ohm version of the sub, wire them up in series for a 4-ohm load on each side, wire the two sides together in parallel to drop it to a 2-ohm mono load and hook them up to the rear of the amp in bridged mode. This will maximize the power output from the amp so you can get the most out of the setup.

Will this get you booming bass? No. But it will give you a nice solid low end so the music sounds correct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great advise thank you very much. I just needed to hear it from someone with some more knowledge than myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts