Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since OTG doesn't have them, who else makes 5mm spacers? All I can find are cheap universal crappy ones on ebay and at pepboys. The OTG ones look so nice and are actually made to fit my bolt pattern and I don't need longer studs with them, but they don't have any, just the 10mm ones.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
5mm is ok with the stock studs.I have them on my fronts.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
someone gave me mine. probably universal ones.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
smoke20 said:
so you haven't had any problems with the universal ones? I just want to get a set now and not wait for whenever otg makes some more spacers

No problems at all, Had them over a year. I have the 25mm adapters on the rear and the 5mm spacers on front.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm starting to think the only people that have had problems are people that never check to make sure their lugs are tight or get 10mm ones with stock studs from what I keep reading.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found some 1/4" (6.35mm) spacers tonight at pepboys they really look like crap only like $12 a pair though, guess I'll try the other parts stores tomorrow and if I don't find anything better I'll end up with those.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought a set and after some sanding and painting they look pretty decent and so far are working out good, still can't wait for my otg shims to come in.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
smoke20 said:
But I can't find any other than the cheap universal ones and the nice otg ones you can't get.

Just out of curiosty, have you tried to get a hold of Van (Prez of OTG)at all. I know that when I ordered my 10mm rear shims, he emailed me on a constant basis. You just have to stay in touch with him.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered my spacer shims from him, he just doesn't have any of the 5mm spacers, it still says they are out of stock on his page and I couldn't really wait since my rears were rubbing pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm...... Well, he emailed me constantly as I did to him. Maybe it was because I bugged him so much :p I know that he will let you know when they are available. Thats why it says "email before ordering" on the OTG website. That way you don't get stuck waiting. Oh well good luck with Manny, Moe, and Jack spacers:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rather have nonrubbing wheels than wait for him to make some more :p The ones I got look just like his but aren't made of aluminum, they have the 2 different 4 bolt patterns in them, they don't look like the crappy universal ones he shows on his site.
I don't mind waiting, but I needed the parts since I couldn't stand my steelies anymore or hearing the tires rub. I just can't wait for the shims to come in so my rears will finally be flush.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts