Scion xB Forum banner

1781 - 1797 of 1797 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Although I’ve been driving the box less, I have noticed gas has stayed around the same. I’ve seen anywhere from $2.95 to $3.45 for regular, depending on where you are.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Still lost how you guys get this type of mileage.

Previous boxes ive had were both lower mileage fully maintained and I was lucky to see 25-27 out of them city with light hwy driving.

The one ive got now before the tranny issues the 2nd time I was getting 22.5-24.5 mpg kinda city/hwy combined.

Guess once i throw this jdm 1nzfe in it this weekend we will see. Shows 43k kilometers on the tag on it. The engine in the box has 205k runs great but I figure for the price of the swap and how much i drive instead of doing another tranny I'll just throw in a full low mileage jdm swap and drive the **** out of it.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I learned a long time ago the best from the guy who started this thread !!! If you are heavy on the pedal then you will never get MPG you would like !!! Plan your trips ahead of time and remember that .... Right foot rules !!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea I remember following this thread years back when I had my 2nd xb. Just stopped reading lol. I'm usually easy on them but on the hwy I can't cruise 60 no way in hell, 70mph Is speed limit so I roll 5 over usually so that's why I'll never see anything high. Oh well guess if I want gas mileage I'd get a Prius by these toasters cause I like them but it is irritating sometimes

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yep, around town keeping the rpm down and not gunning it helps. Got those assholes around here that come from Ohio that like to ride your arse and drive dumb like they gotta be somewhere. Hey pal we all gotta be somewhere. Now driving around in the e350 I'll give them a nice brake check and kick her down and leave them sitting for a few

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Every now and then I get some kid at a light that races their engine to goat me !!! Then I will from time to time race the engine and watch them race off to no man land !!! Then I will do the takeoff but knowing I don't go anywhere fast !!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just filled up today out of the 3 xb"s ive had this is the best mpg ive gotten mostly city 27.7mpg. The other 2 I couldn't get over 25-26.

Sadly my damn exhaust broke at the muffler so I'm back to driving my truck now so back to 13mpg lol.

On another note my brother is supposed to be working a trade for a torched penny xb if the trade goes through I'd like to get it from him possibly.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Had to fill my box up as I know I was about to run out or get the bad stuff from the bottom of the tank !!! So I went 478 miles on 11.1 gallons of gas and got just over 43 MPG !!!! Only ran the air conditioning. once to see if it still worked and YES it does !!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been struggling to even get 25mpg
Hard when I have to put my foot almost to the floor to get it to move really

·
Registered
309 Posts
I need to run my instant and avg mpg dash on torque app on my fon and see what I am pulling. I know it'll get 33 or more and that is sporting about with ac running. I need to baby it around back and forth to work and see what is possible since all surface streets and not much traffic or lights. I already get a month out of a tank going to work using it as daily driver. No engine intake or exhaust mods and rollin on 37 psi in 5 spd.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
When I used to drive the box almost daily, I’d get about 28-30mpg and that was driving it a little enthusiastically, one might say. Combination of both city and highway, roughly 40/60.

1781 - 1797 of 1797 Posts