Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I've done. I bought a set of used OTG 10mm spacers, made 1/8" copies, got the OTG Camber shims, and have 5mm spacers on the wheels studs. 1/8" = about 2mm. So Im at about -2 offset on 15x8's stock tires.

I do think I put the camber shim in backwards on the drivers side, It turns inward towards the door more than the passenger and I made sure the passenger one was in right.

So tomorrow at lunch I get to pull the drivers side apart and switch some stuff. I'm going to turn over the camber plate and switch it with the spacer.

Note: I made 6 1/8" copies, only used one per side.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Before & After.

The 5mm spacers can easily be removed.

Attachments

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hmmm...So I wouldn't want 10 or even 15mm spacers for the back anyways....good lookin' out man! Looks sweet!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not without camber, I haven't really got to drive it yet, or caryy the kids around, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hmmm...So I wouldn't want 10 or even 15mm spacers for the back anyways....good lookin' out man! Looks sweet!
It all depends on your offset of your wheels bro! Most people are running 10mm and camber shims.

Padanky is running an extra 7mm with the 5mm wheel spacer and 2mm shim.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Keoki, I have the same exact rims as Padanky does. My biggest concern is rubbing, even though I'm not dropped too low yet, my subs weight the car down another full inch. I don't wanna ruin my wheels. They're nice for the price, and so many people tell me they like them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Keoki, I have the same exact rims as Padanky does. My biggest concern is rubbing, even though I'm not dropped too low yet, my subs weight the car down another full inch. I don't wanna ruin my wheels. They're nice for the price, and so many people tell me they like them.
Cool! I wouldn't wanna ruin those rims either. The 501's are some sweet lookin rims!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll get more pics, it was dark by time I finished. Boom box, you won't hit the rim with this set up, only the tire. I'm on the Df210's

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, you never cease to amaze me. Do you mod in your sleep?
I guess I do, I loose sleep laying there thinking of mods and how to perform them. LOL

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Boooo...

nah, it looks damn good. I want to run camber, but not on 18" for everyday use...I'm actually searching around for some beater rims...prob 16s and I have tires already so i might run the camber with them...what do you plan on doing with the other shimms you made, I coud use anther 2mm of space out back...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll sell ''you" two for $15 shipped, they are powder coated too.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only took me 15 minutes to remove the tire, hub and switch everything around and put everything back.

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
Nice!!

Looking real good, Chris!

Definately the coolest xB on 501's. Can't wait to see more shots!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, I'll get more pics when I can make time.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Still new to all this camber stuff, but could you run the 5mm w/2mm copies and camber or would you need at least 10mm to not rub? Trying to understand all this camber talk.
Any rubs yet Chris? You had literally a finger worth of space between the tire sidewall and fender, like a glove.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.