Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big man, little box
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered, but I just have 2 quick Q's, after they are answered, then you can just delete this thread.

what size tires should i run on a 15x8 501's, that can also handle auto-x and mountain racing,with no stretch or a mild stretch, that wont rub and not throw off the speedo.

also can i run 195/60/R15 on them? that is what I have on my stockers right now and i see people putting the stock 185/60's on

thnx in advance :D

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Ok, here's the deal. I have the 185/60/15's. Since many different places put either the 185's or the 195's on the stocks, it all depends on what you get. I'm not autocrossing, but I do take the corners hard, and I have had the wheels on for 2 weeks. Hugs em well, though I am a bit fearful of what COULD happen.

Anyways, I think people who don't want any real stretch should run with at least 205's, maybe even up to 225's. I'd say make em 50 or 60, whichever floats your boat. Since the 501's are practically made around the box, you should have much trouble with em rubbing, even with a 215.....Confusing? Yeah...Me too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can tell you the 195|50 is to small. I went with these and now have set I am trying to sell. These would be fine for stock if you want a more performance look on stock wheels. Based on this site... the 205|55|15 puts you just a tad over stock and would proably be the best choice for those not wishing to screw with the speedo.
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

·
Registered
7 Posts
this is what i got on my 501's They only rub on the inside when turning very very sharp in the front. just fine in the rear. i think it was rubbing up on some plastic on the inside and mostly only turning right for some reason.

RED SPORTMAX 501'S 15X8 15 OFFSET
YOKOHAMA YK520 P195/60R-15 88H B
(60,000 MILE TIRE)

·
Big man, little box
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Farscape7, you have answered my Q

i will run the 195/60's for a while then get new 205/55's later on, thnx for the help guys

i can deal with a little rubbing in the front, i have the wheels for a little while now to so they are worn a tad.

farscape7, do you have any pics with the tires on?

·
Registered
611 Posts
anyone know if can run a 205/40/15 with 15x8 501's without any rubbing issues whatsoever?

·
Registered
234 Posts
You are autocrossing the Box. That should be interesting. I had a neon I threw around and it lifted a inside rear wheel, I'd be afraid of rolling the xb. Have fun and stay safe!

205/55 is so close to stock diameter that it only throws speedo off by 2 10ths of a MPH Discount tire has a tire size camparing thing on there website. You put in stock size and what you want to replace them with and it gives you all the specs. I only have 6.5 inch wide wheels and I'm getting 205/55 BFgoodrich gforce sports this fall. My stock tires are more dry rotted then worn out, guess it is the florida sun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts