Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I looks like you wore most of the tread off before rotating them. Sorry to see that it was a little pre mature. But as ScionScotty says "You gotta pay to play".

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
The sidewall looks more like a "runflat" than anything else. Camber - Oh ya--you've got all sorts of it. Wow.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sidewall looks more like a "runflat" than anything else. Camber - Oh ya--you've got all sorts of it. Wow.
suprisingly the tire/sidewall did hold on very well. i felt the vehicle pull to the right, 10 miles into the ride. i drove another 8-10 miles till i had to pullover, and by then it was finished.

now lets see if ins. on the tire will hold too. :rolleyes:

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good that you're alright. Hey, do you think it was the stretch kept your tires on wheel? I wonder if you had 225s if the tire might have blown off.
thanks rico.
i believe so. the whole tire was still intact and on the rim.
suprisingly, the inner edge of the rim was without a rash, gouge, or scuff. you figure with the camber and the edge being closer to the road, that it would've had some damage.......

i love camber, i guess i gotta buy another set of wheels and tires, or atleast rotate them so i can rock it a little longer.
maybe its time for a tire sponsorship........hummm.......;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
ouch. sorry to see that happen. hope that doesn't take you outta the society...

seriously, glad you're alright. soory about the Kumhos.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's a good thing you are alright.

Keep in mind folks that he's running UBER camber, and I do mean more than a majority of the bunch run.

I would like to see my box on the OTG camber shims, with a -3, but anything more than that, and I think the same would happen to me.

Glad you are okay man!

·
Registered
426 Posts
not true, it also improves handling :cool:
Does it? How so? Cause I am not a fan of camber for daily driving on a small wheel. So I chose not to go that route. On a VIP style, definitely a requirement. But how does camber improve handling?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Glad you're OK bro, that's scary!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Does it? How so? Cause I am not a fan of camber for daily driving on a small wheel. So I chose not to go that route. On a VIP style, definitely a requirement. But how does camber improve handling?
when the car goes through a turn and leans to the side (body roll) the tires lean too. with camber the tire leans over and plants ALL of the tread to the road.

without camber the tire goes from all of its tread on the road to putting all its weight on either the outside or inside shoulder of the tire.

·
Registered
426 Posts
when the car goes through a turn and leans to the side (body roll) the tires lean too. with camber the tire leans over and plants ALL of the tread to the road.

without camber the tire goes from all of its tread on the road to putting all its weight on either the outside or inside shoulder of the tire.
This is wear I go "OOOOOHHHHH I get it" Didnt know that little piece of information.

So it increases the amount of tire on the road during a turn?

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
So it increases the amount of tire on the road during a turn?
I'm not hating, but this tire never saw weight transfer of any kind across the treads. Negative camber looks nice, but quit telling these kids that -5 on the rear of a xB makes the car handle better.

Glad you made it through, ThunderGod. I hope you make it through next time.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Negative camber looks nice, but quit telling these kids that -5 on the rear of a xB makes the car handle better.
Right! Negative camber can be beneficial (in about 5% of driving situations), but the more you camber, there comes a point of diminishing returns.

-5 is not for the faint of heart, but if you're knowledgable, set it up right, are a smart driver, and are willing to pay to play...it's all good in the hood :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts