Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few Xb's running five lugs, How? What car are they swapping parts with?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
you can do it with wheel adapters for one or you can go through the work of replacing the hub with a 5 lug (Corolla I believe matches). Search on SL as theres some people that did it. I believe it was Auto Fashion that did it to their xA to fit up some 5 lugs. I wish someone would make a cheap adapter (not Hotbox05 from SL whose price is 400) so that more people could get them. For 200 I might be in for a set. Granted I wouldnt be able to get as much dish with a spacer/adapter that pushes it out 30 mm, but theres a better chance of wheels fitting for the VIP look with 5x114.3.

Scott

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
awesome Rico ive never seen that page before. ill look for it, but i know theres the Hot Lava with pulled fenders and Goo Car Hemi 2 pieces. Thats a 5 lug I believe!

scott

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new Corolla's? A guy I work with has one maybe he will trade me all the parts and his stock wheels if I give him my parts and rims. Think that would be fair? He does have the 15" Alloy's. Hmmm.

·
Registered
612 Posts
ScionScotty said:
i know theres the Hot Lava with pulled fenders and Goo Car Hemi 2 pieces. Thats a 5 lug I believe!

Are you referring to the Hot Lava with 5-lug 19" VS-KF. It has a Noblesse ki too I believe....that's one of my fav xBs!

From what I've seen, I think good quality adapters are gonna cost at least $400. IMO, it's only worth it if you can find some cheap 5 lug wheels.

Since the adapters space out the wheels at least 30mm, it's great for VIP style fitment. Yu can have a really nice aggressive offset. Although, I think it's not worth trying to get a big lip (unless you flare your fenders like the hot lava bB), so I think no-lip dish wheels would work best IMO.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Are they VS-KFs Rico? I wasnt sure but its same car Im talkin about I think. It does have the Noblesse.

By the time someone spends 400 on spacers, its almost worth it to get some custom ordered Works or SSRs in the right pattern from the start. I wouldnt do the conversion unless I was basically given the wheels.

For me, Im just gonna talk to Sean probably and have him try to find me some nice SSRs in 4x100.

Scott

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Remember that TCM xB with all the damn stickers, splitters, bigass wing, and stickers (there were lots)? It showed up around summer 2004 at SEMA or somewhere. That had a WIERD 4-wheel disc/5-lug conversion.

AHA! This one:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea the one they wanted 30 grand for on ebay. i believe it finally went for 16 or 17 though. fugly and a half. for a while there, i thought you were describing mine, but the splitters is where you lost me. lol!

scott

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
ScionScotty said:
yea the one they wanted 30 grand for on ebay. i believe it finally went for 16 or 17 though. fugly and a half. for a while there, i thought you were describing mine, but the splitters is where you lost me. lol!

scott

HAHAHA!! No dude, you don't have THAT many stickers. Speaking of stickers, I'm going to post that horespower calculator here on ClubxB.

-Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
5 lug adapters

:confused: I need help as a gift my bro gave me some
19" wheels they are cool rims but they are 5 lugs.will I have any problems with the adapters and will they rub on my baby.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
bro do it!!! i would love to see 5 lug on your car. as for the rubbing issue i'd need to know the specs on the wheels to help you out there.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The thing about those adapters is that they are about 2 inches thick. So thats what discourages me from getting them cause you can run a wider wheel or you do some fender pulling or wide body. I dont think you can go as aggressive wheel.tire set up with those adapters.

The best way to do it is to see if any other toyota with a 5 x 114 hub will fit directly into the xB's. Similar to what the 240 guys do. I believe the Corolla is 5 x 100 and thats not any better than 4 x 100

·
Registered
916 Posts
azynboi03 said:
hmm i wounder if a camry 5x114 will fit what do you guy think
I dont think anyone is donna know. Its all gonna trial and error. The xB has only been out for like 3 yrs and there is still more to discover. Its like with the 240 guys; like 5-6 years ago they said that 5 lug conversion wasnt possible and today you can buy hubs that fit perfectly.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Naw thats not true Matty. Essentially theyve been out like 6 years. And yes, you can do a hub conversion. I believe it was Autofashion or someone like that, that did it on an xA. I know for a fact one has been done. Its possible, but the price for doing it was ridiculous (4 figures)

Scotty

·
Registered
916 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Naw thats not true Matty. Essentially theyve been out like 6 years. And yes, you can do a hub conversion. I believe it was Autofashion or someone like that, that did it on an xA. I know for a fact one has been done. Its possible, but the price for doing it was ridiculous (4 figures)

Scotty
but you get what Im saying right? There cars have been out forever and lots of people in the US and Japan have toyed with them to figure out what fits from other Nissan's and what dosnt.

And JUNIOR the only known way to get a 5 x 114 lug conversion is thru adapters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks for the help . i will look for the lug conversion adapters.were can i buy some for less $$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.