Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I have a 2006.5 xb and blew the stock motor. Brought a 4age 20v silvertop and went from there had some threads to look at but ended have to figure a lot of stuff out myself. Here’s some photos that were taken through the process had to c notch the frame on both sides. I used stock xb mounts but modified them. The box was an auto but the 20v auto tranny didnt fit so I went with a 20v 5 speed the c56 the one with the lsd. Had a couple different guys work on this the whole process to from start to finish was about a year and 6 months. I had one guy really waste my time. But I got it started and it is a full running 4age 20v swapped xb check out my YouTube channel Hachiroku Scion I have videos if it running. Hope this will settle some I haven’t heard of anyone doing this so I want to find out if I have the first 20v swapped xb
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Subcompact car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Rim
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
thanks all

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Been following your progress, looks good. You are the first that I have heard of with this swap. Well Done.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Did you have a built page? If so could you post a link so others can see what you have created.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks great! Good job. I'm sure that it moves nicely. I know a guy in Nova Scotia that has a 2006 Yaris and did a 1.8L 2ZR-FE swap from a Corolla and then he saw my Corolla that I turbocharged. After much thought he turbocharged it too and that thing flies!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was already going to buy the first body style gen scion xb as I love how they look and think they are funny, and after some internet curiosity and seeing if anyone has actually done a 4age swap I have come upon this thread. Sir you have cemented my position on Buying a early gen XB and I can promise you I will return to this thread in 3 to 5 years when I have garage space or something for a swap of this awesome magnitude, I can only say I am truly honored to have come upon this forum only a year late instead of 6. Good luck and keep doing God's work my man.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,125 Posts
Hello all I have a 2006.5 xb and blew the stock motor. Brought a 4age 20v silvertop and went from there had some threads to look at but ended have to figure a lot of stuff out myself. Here’s some photos that were taken through the process had to c notch the frame on both sides. I used stock xb mounts but modified them. The box was an auto but the 20v auto tranny didnt fit so I went with a 20v 5 speed the c56 the one with the lsd. Had a couple different guys work on this the whole process to from start to finish was about a year and 6 months. I had one guy really waste my time. But I got it started and it is a full running 4age 20v swapped xb check out my YouTube channel Hachiroku Scion I have videos if it running. Hope this will settle some I haven’t heard of anyone doing this so I want to find out if I have the first 20v swapped xb thanks all
Fantastic job! How has the 4age 20v silvertop performed to date? Any changes necessary since you installed it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts