Scion xB Forum banner

41 - 60 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
bump.
36.9 for the last fillup. Not too bad considering all the city driving with 4 adults in the car and A/C on I did.

Swapped out the trans oil for synthetic today. Hoing it gives me just a little bump.

Thought I had some black ABS plastic to make an upper grille block, but didnt. Guess I'll order some more or see if I can find anything at Lowes tomorrow.

Still shopping tires/wheels. Would like to have a new set ready for next spring.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not bad at all for city driving with a load, Stepchild. 40's in the bag on a highway trip.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm going to order enough abs, or use some metal, to make a lower air dam too. Back when I was 16 (uggg 22 years ago) I had an 83 civic I would drive between MI and KY every few months. Added a lower air dam and mpgs went up 2-4 for the highway driving. Can't hurt to try it on the xB

---------- Post added 07-31-2012 at 06:29 AM ----------

17 mile ride into work this morning 'seemed' a bit higher with the syn oil in trans too. Time will tell. Going to try to get a tank of fuel thru it without pulling the boat.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Attn: BestmpgxB
You wondered how the fuel economy of my NCP20 Funcargo was.. It has a 1.3 instead of a 1.5 and I guess it's a little lighter than the xB so I don't know if relevant though, but here we go. I had a lot of driving to do this weekend, same old route so I figured why not take it slow.. Rural roads doing 45mph, some 30mph dirt roads and some highway, where I kept it around 50, coasting down hills. 5% of it was city driving just home and back on the road.

I couldn't believe it when I filled the tank up and did the math today, 47 mpg :) I wanted a sticker saying 'Sorry for hypermiling' on the back of my car through the process though :p

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Wow! That's impressive fuel economy.

Rooted Nexus 7 & 49.5 mpg in my Scion xB

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Welcome to the club, rd5602. I'll put up an updated list soon.

Russ, you have to stop smoking those funny cigarettes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Eiriksmil, you're in, and so is RD5062!

·
South Bound
1,064 Posts
After a 78 mile trip to a car show and back, plus short city trips my last tank was.......( drum rolllllll)....43.68!!!
Did a lot of coasting and gliding and was easy on that gas pedal. I'm pretty proud I got into the 40's in my automatic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
40 mpg club

BigRuss - '05, MT
Dubeexb06 - '06 Camo, AT
eiriksmil - NCP20 Funcargo, 47 mpg
mwarren011 -
RD5062 - '06 TCM
Rock Box - '06 PW
schwartz329 - '05 Nautical Blue Metallic, AT
TheStepChild - *Gen 2* '11 BSP, MT
ToneSter -
yesthatsteve - '05 TCM
Zman - '05 BSP, AT

50 mpg club
The ROFL Box aka RedNeckWithanXB '05 MT

60 mpg club
BestmpgxB - '06 RS 3.0 (Envy Green) #750, MT

·
Registered
195 Posts
im getting close! i just changed plugs, air filter, and seafoamed the fuel and gained a lot! i was getting like 350 miles to a tank, and my first tanks after the tune up was 421 miles

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
/\/\.. Did you air your tires up ????

That will help too !!!!

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 01:08 PM ----------

/\/\.. Did you air your tires up to ???

That will help as well !!!

41 - 60 of 553 Posts