Scion xB Forum banner

541 - 553 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Really impressive reading some of the economy numbers you guys are getting! I've got a lead foot, and very short commute so good fuel economy isn't realistic for me. However, I recently took my son to Orlando and got my best ever mileage on that trip. High 30's during the entire 2400 mile round trip with the best tank @ 36.77mpg. I was really pleased since most of the trip was around 70mph.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Got to remember that I decided long time ago to maximize my MPG as I knew that gas would never be cheap again so I started working on changing my habits !! Took me a while but I learned a lot from BestmpgxB from our site !!! MY days of high performance are done !! Did that and had lots of fun but time to face the real world now !! Air them tires up too !!!!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
My box is running better than it was now.
I have used seafoam several times and switched gas brands and now I get similar mileage, but have my acceleration back and no sluggish takeoffs.
My UltraGuage isnt accurate with the mpg at all still, but I think someone aid I have to calibrate it?
It tells me 22.4-22.8mpg, but Im averaging 19.8mpg city.
I see the average jump up quickly on the Fwy, but I RARELY use it.
It looks like I could easily get 30 on Fwy only driving.
Recently replaced front tires and back will be replaced in a few months as money allows.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Hi Jeff, Dion, et al,

My daughter's had my xB for a couple of years now. She drives it like a bat out of hell and gets lousy mileage, for sure. I'm driving a 2017 Prius Eco Two, and averaging >60 mpg in it for >25,000 miles.

I preceded the Eco Two with a 2016 Prius Three Touring. I totaled it by driving into an irrigation ditch. Here's how I came out of that with my new car, better mileage, and $6000 more in my bank account.

I bought the Three Touring during a sale, when Toyota offered a $2500 rebate off the sale price. I bought through my dealership's Internet sales Dept, which gave me $2500 off the invoice price. So, I got it for $5000 below Invoice, or about $6000 below MSRP. I bought the Three Toring to get Toyota's Safety Sense features, which were part of a $2000 safety technology upgrade.

When I totaled the car, I got it so far below invoice, my insurance company paid me $3000 more than I'd paid for it. I bought my replacement Two Eco during a Fourth of July sale, when Toyota offered a $1750 rebate. Again, my dealership gave me a $2500 below Invoice price, so I got it for $4250 below invoice. And, since Toyota made Safety Sense a standard feature on all Prius models by the 2017 model year, I didn't need to pay a $2000 upgrade package. I bought the Two Eco out the door for $6000 less than the amount on the check from my insurance company.

Darrell (BestmpgxB)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I've read quite a bit of that thread. I posted on it at least once several years ago. BestmpgxB puts up some impressive numbers. It was after reading that thread, not long after he started it, that I bought my Ultra Gauge. That thing really helped me to be more conscious of what I was doing to hurt or help my gas mileage. I actually tried to put up a rather lengthy post about my Echo 5-speed swap the other day, but it hasn't shown up in there yet. I think it said an administrator had to approve it. That thread helped me to start improving my gas mileage. You're right--great read!

541 - 553 of 553 Posts