Scion xB Forum banner

501 - 520 of 553 Posts

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Thanks for the reminder, Steve. I'll try to sell it private party for $2k, but I won't give it away for $750. It's clean, relatively low mileage, and has been reliable.

Jeff and wagonbldr, my xB will probably be my last car, too. I was thinking about having a shop swap a Yaris' final drive gears into my xB when its clutch needs replacement, but the next owner would HATE its gearing. Not many people want to drive a 5 speed manual with 2-6 gearing.

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
Jeff, if you make it, we'll have to meet at one of the 100+ BBQ joints here in KC on your way through.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Hey, thanks Steve. I sold the Elantra for $1650. KBB was $1480 or $1580. I listed it for $1800, but it wouldn't start the morning after I showed it to a family who wanted it. My shop's owner came to my house to look at the car, but it started up fine. I told the family about it, and they still wanted it. $1650 sure beats the $750 a dealer would have paid me.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts

my new car weighs as much as the First gen, has the same MPG ratings as the first gen... and has a slightly smaller motor with more power..

·
Registered
388 Posts
I bought O2 sensors for my 06, and plan to install them, Anyone do this yet?
No codes or CEL, but thought I would replace them anyway.
I can probably figure it out on my own, but any first hand knowledge would be nice.
Hoping that my 21.2 mpg city in my auto that I drive slow with 40psi tire pressure will go up to at least 26 after.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
/\/\.. Since I have started to change my driving habits I have never had below 28 MPG and that is winter driving !!! Have to say that our winters have not been hard but last 2 years it has been a very cold winter !!!!

Remember that... Right foot rules !!!

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Bassman,

I haven't done it, but this video shows you where the O2 sensors are located. Looks like easy removal <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pO9SAJFln8>

Reactions: Bassman-Soundking

·
Registered
388 Posts
/\/\.. I was thinking you had more miles on her !!
I remember changing my O2 sensors out around that mileage
Wasnt hard top change actually.
Made no difgference, and actually this tasnk of as is going a lot faster.
50 miles from full to 3/4 tank lol
Sulfur smell today while driving.
Still have the intermittent extreme power loss from take off.

501 - 520 of 553 Posts