Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
ive seen 4 10's with the back seat, with the space back there a two or three sub set up would probably sound better because youll get more airspace for your subs, but then again it all depends on your set up, so no havent seen 4 12's but im sure its been done or could be

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i had the enclosure for 6 12s in the back with the seats up. it means no spare and almost a full wall in the back. it can be done though. things went in a different direction though and im running only 1 15!

scotty

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang, i didnt see alot of scions with 4 12s with the backseats last season so i jsut wondered..what do yo think about makgin a plexi box flush with the trunk..like you know where the spare is and wha tnto

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
you're not going to be able to fit 4 12s down there i think . if you could, thats not very much air space either. its cool for shows and stuff though!

scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Didn't Ryan have 4 12s w/ his wall, in his camo xB? I know he had the wall w/ 4 woofers, just can't remember if thet were 10s or 12s.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am about to put 4 12s in mine and will pretty much fill the back area and come just above the back seats.. and will have enough air space for all my subs.. maybe 6 month project though.. have no time to work on it.. but i was going to do a wall behind the back seat but my wife disagreed.. more because if i got pulled over police like to be able to see into the vehicle and with wall they cant.. so i compromised. but do to air space needs may not be like all intricate (sp?) and detailed but would be about 2.0 cubic feet of space per sub..

·
Registered
178 Posts
i had 2 15's that required a 20cube box so i had a wall but i had to have the seats removed and now i have 1 15 with a huge box with the back seat still in

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have 3 12's in my xb and my bckseats sits up and latches fine 4 is possible and with plenty of air space my subs are runnin at 2.5 cu. feet per sub and are loud as he!! i compete it and hity 146.0 on a meter and won over 1 15's so yea it's possible you could so 6 12's preety easy sealed but 4 ported would be cool also i'm upgrading in march to 6 ported or well its the plan right now but it takes some real fancy box work to pull that off anyways to answer your question yes iits possible and with enough air space:)

·
Registered
485 Posts
i just installed these today... they sound pretty solid. its a perfect fit to be honest. the amp fits perfectly in the storage compartment while the box with the 12's site just exactly as deep as my trunk and about an inch or less lower than the backseats. it also is almost as wide as the trunk. basically, its a pretty tight fit and almost looks as if it were custom made for the xB trunk. i will have pics up soon

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmprd39800050000&skuId=999939600050000&type=product

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Sorry if I'm thread jacking here, but I have 2 12's that I would like to mount in my box, but unfortunately I have some stuff that I have to carry around with me for my job. I was just wondering if you guys have any ideas of where I could mount them without sacrificing cargo space, or leg room in the back seats?

·
Registered
25 Posts
seen a guy on here selling a fiberglass box made for an xB and set up for 4 - 12's check out his ad, i think he was a teacher and built them in class workshop, if i remember right, good luck!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.