Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy an '06 with the 4.0 package. The color is not bad but extra $2k for it. I am debating on a black one and use that $2k to get new 18" wheels and lower it. Can't decide..

What do you all think? Is 4.0 worth the package?

Just need a little help with your opinions...

Thanks,
Manny

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If you want a unique paint job, AND a more unique car because of the RS badging (higher investment) then go for the RS4

If you wanna start mods now, get wheels, tint, and springs.....go with the black one..

Either way, you'll love your decision.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
I would say the RS4 just from the rareness of the car.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you actually have the $2k to customize right away, I would go with the BSP over the RS4.0. Then again, I would go BSP over the RS4.0 anyway. I'm just not a huge fan of the paint. And it really isn't worth the premium they charge to own one for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks you all.. Either way.. I am getting one of the coolest car around. My daughter talked me into the RS4. Like Timfiredog saids, its the rarity of the car.. I found a manual transmission.. The 800 bucks I saved are going towards the lowering springs and 17" wheels.. Now, the next decision is that which one looks good with the car.. I will start another thread on that if I get into a bind. Thanks again.. I just love this car..now I will have one.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the rs4 is kinda special, if you think about it, it was the last release series and the last numbered xb of this body style, you gotta think there only 2200 or 2400 or something ever made, and thats the last of the last of the best. i was buying today with what i know now i think i would opt for the RS4.0 but you can make the bsp just as customized as you like. as well as the rs4. its a finance thing, i say go for it lol thats just my 2 cents

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
you go boy, If I didn't have so much $$ already invested in my BOP, I would have traded for the RS4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YES! I just bought a 2006 xB RSA 4.0 today. It is the #1051 of 2500. On Monday, I am getting it tinted and LowJack installed. Phoenix has the highest incident of car theft. And no-one is stealing my baby.. Now I need to find HK springs and 17" wheels.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
damn, you cant beat a good breakfast jack. mmm mhmmmm

ahh another phoenix. i want to get lowjack for that exact same reason. ive got 17 dropped on Tanabe DF210 springs. i havent really looked into HK. but heres a pic of the tanabe drop on 17s to see how you like it
Picture067.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, I never buy into that limited production model stuff.. its only worth something to the person who likes that particular color... Whooopdeedoo. In two months you will kick yourself for spending that extra money.

Spend it on the wheels, at least you can take it with you when you get sick of whatever color you get.

In two months, even a Ferrari is a used car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.