Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my N00b question for the month, I keep reading about people attaching spoilers, fender flares, all kinds of crap with 3M tape. Where do I find this magic super strong double sided tape? I have one CF door sill cover that is slightly warped and the only stuff I've found locally is Scotch double sided molding tape, and it's not doin the job for me. Links and pics are welcome in helping me see the light...

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
it's called 3M moulding tape. it's like grey-ish color. purchased it at pep boiz. 9 buckies. used it for the es knock off visors, and yes they are supa strong.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hecks yeah! You can also find it at most hardware stores, as it's the 'industrial strength' stuff.

I like all 3m products. Never EVER had a problem with them. It's too bad they don't make more than adhesive oriented products. (including their adhesive removers).

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
you can also find it at autozone.
its very strong.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Walmart has it in the tape section. The 5lb exterior mounting tape (its red) works just fine for spoilers and all.

Instead of God resting on the 7th day, he made 3m double sided tape. Thats what it's so strong incase you're wondering. I *heart* 3m tape.

scotty

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Just make sure the 3M double stick you use is the black or gray extra strength trim tape or molding tape, not the ordinary cream colored hobby tape.

I have various pieces held onto my box (or kept from vibrating: license plates) by 3M tapes. Great stuff.

(When I worked for the phone company, I was amazed to find out that the PREFERRED mounting method for many pay phones was 3M doublestick. We used to get it in 18 inch diameter, 2-inch wide rolls. Amazing stuff.)

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
it was giving to me by dave shortbus. they're called moon eyes, powder coated black. because of the pinging i'm thinking of using 3M tape. somebody make i <3 3M tape stickers. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.