Scion xB Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the forum, but not new to the xB2. I currently own a 2015 xB w/MT. Two weeks ago with summer fuel, I was able to get 39.9mpg on my tank. I'm now averaging 37.1mpg. The vehicle is 100% stock. PSI is 2lbs over.

I do a lot of legal hypermiling. No tailgating. Lots of neutral, little use of brakes. I owned a 2012 prior to this one. Got 216K out of the front brake pads. I was getting equal MPGs out of it until the oil consumption manufacturing defect took hold of the motor.

30mpg is very easy with this vehicle for anyone really. Just don't drive like an ass. Easy acceleration, coasting (AT) or neutral (MT) to stops and intersections. Don't exceed 4mph over the posted speed limits on secondary roads.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
/\/\.. Congrats on your MPG !! MT will do better over all as my wife's XB is an auto !! Keep up the great job and that does mean more money in your pocket !!!!!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Filed the wife's xB up 2 days ago and while doing da math she got 31.4 MPG !! BTW, she is the only driver with this as this is HER car !!!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Drove my wife's XB yesterday for a quick family gathering and with the warm weather we had for a change we ended up with 34.2 MPG !! Will be making a trip to Chicago Monday and with snow coming will NOT be a fun drive !!!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Filled my wife's xB New Years eve at $1.89 a gallon and got 32.9 MPG !! Not a bad way to end the year !!!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Made a trip to Indy yesterday and back. Filled her xB up before we left and filled when we got home and did 31.8 MPG !!!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts