Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm looking to see what you guys think. I want to do the top half of my TCM and am thinking of the Speedway blue color that is on the tacoma truck. I plan on shaving the rear wiper and may go with a green pinstipe between the colors. This car was on on Ebay a while ago in Texas I think and I'm not sure what blue it is but it is close.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
i think it will look nice... just remember originality is key... you dont want to go to a show and someone else have the same scheme as you... what color green will seperate? you might want to have someone photoshop it for you though...

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I were to get a custom paint job, I'd jump out of toyota colors. That way you don't end up with the RS4 being the same color as your custom paint :) I understand that on a two tone, it's way cheaper to leave the base for half, but you see what I'm trying to say, I'm sure.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, I want it to be different and the RS4 may be bright blue like speedway. I don't want Lava or black on top. It has been done. I'm thinking a bright green like envy for the stripe. My husband thought a metallic red or kinda raspberry color would look good.There are a few other colors that are not toyota colors I like, the Nissan Z has a really nice cobalt blue and Mazda has that winning blue on the 3 and rx8 that may be close to speedway blue. I can allways tweek the color. My husbands boss who was a painter for most his life said that just putting a pearl in the clear woulld make a more subtle look. I had a Mustang years ago in 94 that was Teal Blue and that was a nice color. How about this style? I don't like the body kit so axe that and no stickers, however I like the different lines this one has. I like the wheels but know they are big bucks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You could keep the paint in the Scion family and go Blue Blitz on top. That would work better with the TCM than a teal would IMO. If you're looking for a darker blue that isn't as deep as IIP, try Spectra Blue Mica from the Tundras. That's quite the nice color.

If you want to go nuts though, check out the color pallette from House of Kolor. They have a bit of everything and you can make some very sick paints from their line.

Good luck!

-Alex

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea do it dude. man it will look hot. i would love to two tone mine but untill i buy that used car so i can put the punisher away to work on i can dream. i would love to do it. or you can go with this its sick

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
grizzly_choppers said:
You could keep the paint in the Scion family and go Blue Blitz on top. That would work better with the TCM than a teal would IMO. If you're looking for a darker blue that isn't as deep as IIP, try Spectra Blue Mica from the Tundras. That's quite the nice color.

If you want to go nuts though, check out the color pallette from House of Kolor. They have a bit of everything and you can make some very sick paints from their line.

Good luck!

-Alex
Thanks, I'll look into those colors. HOK paint is out since I can get a good price on the paint my husbands shop uses, although I can't think of the brand. I know it isn't Dupont, Whatever it is it's good qualility. Oh and that multicolor Xb was a labor of love for its creator, love the taillights. Lots of work went into it but it is way to mini truckin for my taste.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.