Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Hoping some kind soul here will be willing to measure the height of the drivers seat from the ground?

I have severe arthritis, so getting in and out of very low vehicles is difficult. I used to have a first gen xB (2006) the seat height was just barely high enough to be easy. My current vehicle was just totaled, my grandfather is offering me a great deal on his 2009 xB.

But I hate to drive two hours to try it and then say, "sorry Pop, I know you're 93 and you get get out of it fine, but it's too low for your decrepit grandchild."

I know the overall height and road clearance of the 2nd generation is lower, just need to know about seat height.

Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello. Hoping some kind soul here will be willing to measure the height of the drivers seat from the ground?

I have severe arthritis, so getting in and out of very low vehicles is difficult. I used to have a first gen xB (2006) the seat height was just barely high enough to be easy. My current vehicle was just totaled, my grandfather is offering me a great deal on his 2009 xB.

But I hate to drive two hours to try it and then say, "sorry Pop, I know you're 93 and you get get out of it fine, but it's too low for your decrepit grandchild."

I know the overall height and road clearance of the 2nd generation is lower, just need to know about seat height.

Thanks!
Welcome! It's measured 40'7 inches interior room in the front seat. The 2nd gen is bigger inside than the 1st gen and it's NOT low to the ground. Plus ➕️ there are seat adjustments that can raise you very high. I have a 2012- I'm 6'1 249 pounds ( fat ) and the 2nd gen fits me to a tee. You can also Google the dimensions as well as a plethora of YouTube videos. You will be pleased with the room and height. If not, you must want a limousine. I'll give a full apology if im wrong. But I believe I won't need too. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! It's measured 40'7 inches interior room in the front seat. The 2nd gen is bigger inside than the 1st gen and it's NOT low to the ground. Plus ➕️ there are seat adjustments that can raise you very high. I have a 2012- I'm 6'1 249 pounds ( fat ) and the 2nd gen fits me to a tee. You can also Google the dimensions as well as a plethora of YouTube videos. You will be pleased with the room and height. If not, you must want a limousine. I'll give a full apology if im wrong. But I believe I won't need too. Enjoy.
Hi, thanks for your prompt response! Yes, I've found many dimension details online, but this still isn't what I need to know. That 40.7" is interior dimensions. I need to know the height from the ground to the seat.

You and I are similar size. So, if you are sitting in the drivers seat, you park, open the door, and turn so your feet are on the ground, about to stand up out of the car. With your feet on the ground outside and your butt on the seat, are your knees or hips higher?

I've tried to illustrate, I guess I'm not explaining it clearly.
Vehicle Car Plant Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, thanks for your prompt response! Yes, I've found many dimension details online, but this still isn't what I need to know. That 40.7" is interior dimensions. I need to know the height from the ground to the seat.

You and I are similar size. So, if you are sitting in the drivers seat, you park, open the door, and turn so your feet are on the ground, about to stand up out of the car. With your feet on the ground outside and your butt on the seat, are your knees or hips higher?

View attachment 80551
I need to know this too, as it is quite difficult now for me entering and exiting my 2004 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
275 Posts

View attachment 80551
You're explaining it clearly. It's 11 at night here in Chicago- I'll make the seat to the ground measurement tomorrow.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Thanks!
Drum roll please! The height from the drivers seat to the ground below is 27" and one half inches. That's not included if you want to push the height of the seat up. I went to AutoZone and I measured it- and so did the AutoZone employee to be sure. My tires are inflated to the correct psi, I have stock rims so there's your answer. I hope it helps. Let us know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drum roll please! The height from the drivers seat to the ground below is 27" and one half inches. That's not included if you want to push the height of the seat up. I went to AutoZone and I measured it- and so did the AutoZone employee to be sure. My tires are inflated to the correct psi, I have stock rims so there's your answer. I hope it helps. Let us know.
Sounds like a reasonable height.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Gen 1. After a brain stem stroke this car is the easiest to enter and exit. I’m 6’1 and 310 lbs. The best way I describe to folks, I don’t step up or step down I just step in. I will drive my toaster until one of us croaks. I suspect it will be me. 2nd owner, 236kmiles. Love my car. You will too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a Gen 1. After a brain stem stroke this car is the easiest to enter and exit. I’m 6’1 and 310 lbs. The best way I describe to folks, I don’t step up or step down I just step in. I will drive my toaster until one of us croaks. I suspect it will be me. 2nd owner, 236kmiles. Love my car. You will too.
Bud Jr you're awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts