Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 xB for my daughter. The auto lock button on the key doesn’t work, and the switch’s in the car also don’t work. Fuse was replaced, and rear door won’t unlock. Saw a lot of threads about gen 1 but not gen 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just purchased a 2008 xB for my daughter. The auto lock button on the key doesn’t work, and the switch’s in the car also don’t work. Fuse was replaced, and rear door won’t unlock. Saw a lot of threads about gen 1 but not gen 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the fourm! First thing to do is go to AutoZone or the dealership and get a new battery for the remote. Try that first let us know. Others should chime in. My .02 cents.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
244 Posts
I know that they sometimes need to be reprogrammed. And one of my FirstGens just would not take to a remote whatsoever. I never figured out why, wondered if too many codes had already been run through it, maybe there's a limit? Not sure. It had had a lot of previous owners, so who knows what happened throughout it's life.

Disconnected plug somewhere perhaps? That's not fun to try and diagnose, however.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
244 Posts
Also, keep an eye on your oil level. Hopefully they've already fixed the issue with your new purchase, but initially there were big problems with oil consumption on the 2008 model. (They did a recall / fix upgrade back in the day)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still hoping to hear from anyone with a 2nd gen who’s inside door locks don’t work. Both inside door lock switches do nothing, and rear door button does nothing.
Key battery good
Checked door fuse

Any idea what relay to check, tests to run, any help greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts