Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a pair of spacers for the rear wheels.... currently they sit too much inside the well and that makes the bB looks weird.....

Here's a pic of the spacers I got a machine shop to customise for me at Singapore dollars $134.00, which is about 80 bucks US. Material is aluminium alloy I guess.... machinist has been doing that for years.....

Wonder if there would be any safety issues involve... I guess I may have to roll my fender, but I will install the spacer myself first and see if the tires will rub, if they rub, will bring the car to the shop to have fender rolled.

Picturs will be up.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
hey Kaptian, what offset are the current wheels? Im running 25 mm out back and no rubbing. Im running 16x7 Work Betas with 40 offset. No problem anywhere. Safe as any thing else too since theyre studded and you wont lose threading.

Cant wait to see them on the car. Nice bB by the way. I love your headlights BIG TIME man! I wish we could get the NCP30 lights here a lot easier than it is :-(

Scott

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually do not know what offset I am running... the current rear wheels do not have any spacers in between at all and they sit right inside....

hahha... I have been asked so many times about rading ym headlights.... but that will be difficult until I get myself the new bB..... which I may come March... as a second car.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ah nice! im not a fan of the new bB really, but to each their own. Kapitan, so I must ask, do you have the NCP30 bB or the NCP31?

It looks like the NCP31 with 30 headlights. Do you have the NCP30 clear windows?

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fitted the spacers last night, but have to take them off tonight.... too much rubbing on fenders.... me on lowered stance... will have to re-fitted at shop where they will roll the fenders.... that can be done only after I return from my trip....

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
wow you must have some low offset wheels or theyre really wide. im slammed and i have no problems rubbing. make sure to post up pics when you get back from your trip!

scott

·
Registered
168 Posts
I lookeed at his picture threads Scotty... I think you're right. It's a NCP31 body, but it's got NCP30 headlights. he also has NCP31 glass. Those are factory colored. The biggest give away is if you look at the quarter glasses and rear glass, there is no whitish border line framing the transparent portion along the blackout border. All aftermarket film installs will have the white border (versus factory does not) - dead give away if you're an anal retentive window tinter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pumpkinbox said:
I lookeed at his picture threads Scotty... I think you're right. It's a NCP31 body, but it's got NCP30 headlights. he also has NCP31 glass. Those are factory colored. The biggest give away is if you look at the quarter glasses and rear glass, there is no whitish border line framing the transparent portion along the blackout border. All aftermarket film installs will have the white border (versus factory does not) - dead give away if you're an anal retentive window tinter.
You are right, my rear glass are original factory colored glass.... the front two are OEM tinted with film...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ScionScotty said:
wow you must have some low offset wheels or theyre really wide. im slammed and i have no problems rubbing. make sure to post up pics when you get back from your trip!

scott

Just read the digits on my tires... they are 215/45/17...

Here's the after picture before I took off the spacers just now...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay people, am on sick leave today and decided to bring the bB to the shop to roll fenders and fit the spacers...... well, so far so good, no rubbing, but I have been driving alone the whole day, no passengers in car yet.... looks like it is fine...

Here is before...

and after

·
Registered
762 Posts
i'd be scared to run them. i already have low offset wheels on camber and hub spacers. i can see the wheel bearings getting stressed sooner with something like that :-\.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts