Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking lately on what it would take to make 22's fit on an xb with air and so it would sit low. I posted on this site because i dont want the dumb responses of "i dont like big wheels" and "theres no way it will fit" that i would get on the other sites. Most of us have been under and tore apart our xbs and know what goes into them. Its not like im ever going to attempt this anytime soon or ever but lets just say money is no object and you could go crazy with it. How would ya do it? I have some ideas but would like to hear what other people come up with.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I know it can be done with 20's. Terms like air hammer and fender rolling come to mind. Good luck, and BTW what's the lowdown on the wheels you're looking at? (Width, offset, etc.)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive done 20's with a 2 and half inch drop, not to hard, its sitting in the parking lot as i speak. Im just wondering what other people think it would take to do this. Lets say a 22 by 8 inch wheel, ill have to do some searching on the tire but something small, you could even do a 22 by 7.5 from asanti (just a bit pricey). But what kinda fabrication would have to be done?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did some researching on tires and came up with a Nitto 555 in a 255/30/22 which is 28.11 inches tall. right know im running a 225/30/20 which is 25.35 tall. So you do the math.:) I beleive ther 255/30/22 is the smallest 22 you can get but im not sure. Anyways anyone else have some more ideas?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You'd have to fabriate all new fender wells if you want to run a rim that big w/ air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
actually there is a tire that nitto makes that is a 25 series tire they start at 22" so u might wanna go with that i also have 20" with 30 series tires and i got a set of 22' in my garge and soon as i get the money imma wrape them with tose tires:)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
a whole bunch of custom work , never lower it, upgrade the shocks cause of the added unsprung weight.

completelky re-worked and completely changed fender wells , different fenders , different suspension components.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have a great idea bc this one sucks!!! Buy a Hummer if you like 22's or at least a truck!

Do you know how ridiculous that would look???? :eek:

Speaking from MY experience since my other box is on 20's and it sucks!

Just build the darn car from scratch then for all the work involved!

*:eek: sorry ... I just hate when ppl destroy these cars to have something they really want....please dont take it personal. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
no one makes a skinny enough 22 there was talk at the last big tire convention that there was a possibility of a 22 import tire being made but that there wasnt a truely big enough rim market for it to be done yet there was talks of a 215 or 225/25/22 but it would would defenitly be in the upwards of 500+ a tire and then to find a rim that was a 22x 7.5 and keeping the cost of the wheels and tires below the value of a xb i cant wait to see it happenbecause i will be rocking it i guess us big wheels fans can only wait and hold our breath till then:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
well......if money was no object i would have to invest in some hoverboards for my xB, like the ones on the skateboards in Back to the Future. i think that would be a prety smooth ride, and look pretty sweet @ the same time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
But They Arent For Public Sale If Thats The Case Every Dirty South Ride Down Here Would Be Rocking Those 44" Daytons But No One Makes A Tire That Is For "resale"

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some good ideas, luvmyxb some people like to be creative and do things that others think arent possible, thats great if you think its a sucks, other people dont and like the look and like to do things different. I asked for what people thought it would take to fit, not to buy a hummer. (no thanks) any ways i wouldnt doubt that nitto is making that tire or thinking of producing for the public. It wasnt that long ago that people didnt think 20's would fit. Thanks to all with the intelligent responses i had asked for.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Mine was VERY intelligent and I said I wasn't trying to be mean but...

Its just that come on... IF everyone else was being HONEST they'd tell you the same thing...and some are maybe you just can't read it.

It sounds ridiculous and its going to look stupid! Is that MY opinion YES am I sticking to it YES!

You're going to have to DESTROY the car to make them fit!!!

BUY A HUMMER!

Sorry if SUCKS isn't part of your constructive criticism vocabulary.

I digress, its NOT my box I hope you're happpy with the outcome and good luck finding the tires you're going to need I hope it works out for you. :)

Sheesh if I was a car know it all I wouldn't have gotten such treatment! LOL JK! :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
lol shiot if it was that easy would just hack that bad boy up and find a way to get any size 22 on it :D but it isnt that easy so im still stuck at 20:(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.