Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Born in Japan and raised in Europe, the 2016 Scion iM is primed to make its North American debut. Ready or not, this multicultural hatchback is on its way, but are company executives off their rocker thinking it’s a legitimate rival to established nameplates?

Old (World) Meets New

Essentially a rebranded version of the Toyora Auris, which went on sale in the old world earlier this year, Scion’s iM targets buyers younger than 35 like Kim Jong-Un’s artillery zeroing in on Seoul. Per usual, the capital T’s youth-focused brand aims to attract this coveted demographic with a unique buying process and customization options.

Arguably hip, young individuals are the folks this practical hatch is made for, be they aspiring ragtime musicians, freelance baristas or even recent college grads with degrees in interpretive pottery. According to Scion, the iM offers these cool customers sporty styling and dynamic handling wed to exceptional value, a blend of attributes competitors like the Ford Focus, Volkswagen Golf or Mazda3 may not offer.

Read the complete 2016 Scion iM Review at AutoGuide.com

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
Drove one today and the interior is a serious let down. Less headroom than my SRT4, glossy black plastic everywhere that reflects any and all light

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
entry was good... getting out was a little iffy... biggest issue is the "low roof" but the car looks great in person, even dirty, but the interior was a HUGE let down

·
Registered
860 Posts
It's just begging for spray adhesive and leather. When it grows up it hopes to replace the gen 1 xb, only with the ability of a v6 install (Blade Master)

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
Yeah but you shouldnt HAVE to modify the interior the day you buy it to make it more tolerable

·
Registered
6 Posts
No issue with head room here, Im 6'0 so maybe if your currently on an NBA
Roster I dont that being an issue. Then again its personal comfort..
Interior is just like any other Scion, nothing extravagant. If you looking for leather interior
And all the fancy gadjets You aint gonna get it for the Price you pay for an IM.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
I was referring to the overly glossy trim everywhere... head room was a little tight for me at 6'2 but it was comfortable... It does have some great interior features for the price, like the head unit is way better than anything ever installed in a Scion up to this point....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ahh... Well the only glossy trim thats kinda in ur face is the Dash Panel which goes around the radio.. can easily be buffed with a compound to take some gloss off.
I actually dont like the radio ( #160 ) they no longer have CD slots and I dont know if you noticed there is a little transition glitch between screens.
I know cause Ive installed hundreds already..lol
I Prefer the (#814) which was installed on 2015 models.
So far the (#160 ) is being installed on IM, TC, FRS 2016.. goodbye CDs.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
You shouldnt have to do something after the purchase about the trim panel... the door pulls are a big annoyance, but the cd thing doesnt bother me... i have about 10gigs of music on my phone so that is better than a 1000 cd's

·
Registered
6 Posts
No one said you had to to anything, if the gloss doesnt bother you then dont touch it.
If it does, 5 munutes and a compound and problem solved.
The reason why it is so glossy is because it is a glossy black paint and then a shot of plastic
Clear coat to make is more scratch resistant.
Once the clear coat is dulled or rubbed with a little compound it dulls the gloss.
Anyway...
Dont really care about the Cd issue. Just bothered by the transition lag of the radio.
Also plug in your USB or Phone to the radio and let me know how easy it is to create a playlist..lol
It aint plug and play, you gotta go into source and choose what method you wanna play songs by or else when you tune to next song it loops same song over and over.lol
Issue will be fixed next month by USB software update.

Go and try a Scion IA/Yaris Sedan.. thats a cheappy and a half.lol

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
Dont want to look at that rebadged Mazda... was more interested in the iM, you have good experience with yours and thats great, but it let ME down. the interior of our 2009 xB is nicer because of the satin silver they used instead of the high gloss used in the iM...

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 02:23 PM ----------

Maybe you dont get the concept of opinions...

·
Real Friends > Car Clubs
1,932 Posts
Was able to check out the iM briefly today. Was really only paying attention to interior room. At 6'3" I was able to play around with the driver seat and finally get a comfortable position. However, the rear leg room was lacking for sure. No way the iM could replace my current daily with a family of 4. When the time comes to replace the daily I'll probably be looking for a 08-10 xB. I'm willing to sacrifice some fuel economy and a couple extra standard features for the interior space.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Got to get into a IM at our local dealer, that last Scion they will ever have !!! Got in, its a tight fit, not comfy as I am way too tall to look out ok !!!! I will keep my XB till she dies or worn out !!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts