Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just backed into a pole (see attached image) and broke my right rear tail light assembly. I am not the most handy guy, but have replaced car brake bulbs before. Are there any gotchas for replacing this with a cheap used eBay version? I am thinking that anything from 11-15 models will work, right? The local body shop quoted me over $700 for this and a new bumper cover. This little XB is what we have to take my son with special needs to hospitals out of state, so I want to be 100% safe, but spend a lot less than 700.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,556 Posts
Yeah, you'll be fine with a used one off of eBay. All you need to do is remove the access panel inside the hatch directly behind the tail light, it just snaps off. You'll see three 10 mm nuts that hold the light in place, then it's just a matter of pulling it off, undoing the bulbs, and then reversing the order with the replacement tail light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm trying to replace the tail lights on my 2011 xB. I have removed the 3 10mm nuts holding the tail light assembly but something is still preventing the assembly from coming out. It feels like whatever is preventing it from coming out is towards the top of the assembly. Any thoughts on what to look for?

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Get a flashlight out and see if you see anything but I know my wife's 12 model was tight but it did come off !! I had to wiggle it !!

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,556 Posts
As long as you have removed the three 10 mm nuts then it's undone. There are locating pins that cause it to stick slightly, just yank or give it a hit from behind and it'll come loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts