Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 XB arriving this month?

I read some internet postings that say the 2012 model will be shipping this month. Does anyone know this to be true?

Also, when did the 2011 models become available?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: 2012 XB arriving this month?

I have read reports that the 2012s should be available in July. Don't know if they announced an actual date yet though.

·
Yaksurfer
38 Posts

Don't expect too much change for 2012. The xB got some major tweaks for 2011, like telescoping steering wheel and front end.

Rumor has it that 2012 may be the last year for Gen2 Makes sense. Gen1 from 2004 to 2007. Gen2 from 2008 to 2012.

Pure pricing does not apply to last year's model. I could have got a couple grand off on a 2010. But due to the production disruption for the 2011, they are in short supply, and maybe no deals on them when the 2012 come out

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I've been looking in florida this week and the pickings are slim.

If the 2011 was available before October than one would think that the 2012 should be arriving around aug-sep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got a call from a local dealer to tell me that they will be recieving their first 2012 XB shipments in about two weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the electronics are going to be upgraded. What was once an option now comes standard.

Keyless entry
Bluetooth audio streaming and hands free calling
HD Radio
Pandora intergration
Better overall sound.

Optional is a 200-watt 5.8 OLE touch screen Radio

I also heard that the seats might be better.

·
Ron F.
81 Posts
Well I've been waiting over a month to get my 2011 xb so if this is true I'm just gonna wait and get the 2012, anything on price yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure as to when the plant is going to be producing again but i would assume that the would start production on the 12 models once it does since the 2011 has been out for almost a year.

·
@ctessmer
29 Posts

Right b4 my scheduled test drive of a 2011 SW 5spd this morning, I got an email from autotrader saying that CA had a handful of 2012s. I had NO idea they come out this early.

I didn't pull the trigger on the 2011 because of the impending 2012. Found out that AZ has none either. Only CA right now, and Utah, to the sales dude knowledge.

·
@ctessmer
29 Posts
I also heard that the seats might be better.
OMG. Please tell me where you heard this. This is my main sticking point for NOT pulling the trigger on a recent test drive.

Listen to my full rant about bad seats by tacking this onto the root url:

showpost.php?p=809836&postcount=40

If they have nicer seats that suck me in, and push button start, eff. I'm buying one. I'll pay $100k for it. :)

·
Ron F.
81 Posts

Right b4 my scheduled test drive of a 2011 SW 5spd this morning, I got an email from autotrader saying that CA had a handful of 2012s. I had NO idea they come out this early.

I didn't pull the trigger on the 2011 because of the impending 2012. Found out that AZ has none either. Only CA right now, and Utah, to the sales dude knowledge.
Dude I don't think they changed the seats, they just added bluetooth and a better head unit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read it on an online article. Something about better seats and fabric.

I will find out next week about the seat claim for sure, but hopefully someone else will comment on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.