Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just put 1,000 miles on my 2011 xB and at around 800 miles I began getting this really annoying creaking all around the windshield. Its not interior parts rattling, its legit creaking, like an old rusty door on a haunted house creaking. It happens over small-mid size road bumps. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm thinking of bringing it to the dealer and complaining. It is on both driver and passenger side and sounds to be coming from the bottom corners of the windshield glass. When I stand outside and push on the glass I can not reproduce it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can now confirm the creak is coming from the TOP AND BOTTOM. Mostly from the top of the windshield where it meets the metal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RF? Right Front?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ted let us know what they say about it! Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The black plastic at the bottom of the windshield (outside) that surrounds the windshield wipers SEEMS to be the culprit. When I tap on it and press on it in certain areas I can duplicate the creek sound. It seems like the plastic is chattering off the outside of the windshield. Try it out... it seems like if I took the plastic off and put some sort of foam in there, it might reduce or fix it

(the plastic that surrounds where the wipers bolt on. the whole tray that goes across the bottom of the glass)

Reactions: bigmarv_05

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ive driven with the cowl off and it helps with some of the noises from the dash but not all of them
Did you take it off to see it thats what was causing the creeking?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that pisses me off....... BAD

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
what kind of mileage are you getting... mine is at 9.0L/100km...
quick question. when my gas light came on and when it said there was about 14km left of range, I filled up the tank and it took only 43 liters, which i don't understand cuz the tank is 53!!! Does that mean i can drive beyond what the range tells me?
Please discuss this in a different thread which relates to mileage.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mine has been doing this before the cold weather hit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ok so the foam tape idea sounds like it will be a good solution for most of our rattles at the BOTTOM. But for those of us with the annoying "creeks" at the TOP of the windshield, anyone have any suggestions? Again, this is not temperature related (for me). It was doing it only a couple weeks after I bought it (new) in the summer. =(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.