Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just put 1,000 miles on my 2011 xB and at around 800 miles I began getting this really annoying creaking all around the windshield. Its not interior parts rattling, its legit creaking, like an old rusty door on a haunted house creaking. It happens over small-mid size road bumps. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm thinking of bringing it to the dealer and complaining. It is on both driver and passenger side and sounds to be coming from the bottom corners of the windshield glass. When I stand outside and push on the glass I can not reproduce it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the same thing I think it's a bolt under the dash that creaks when u hit a bump cause the body flexes I have 24000 miles on mine and no glass problems

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can now confirm the creak is coming from the TOP AND BOTTOM. Mostly from the top of the windshield where it meets the metal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a popping on my 2011, from the RF glass area, it only does it when im going 65ish and hit rough spots in the road, deciding if i want to take it in or not doesnt do it all the time

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RF? Right Front?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Add me to the list!! 2011 xB with a noise in the right hand, lower windshield, dash area. 4,500 miles. I will have the dealer look at it at the 5,000 mile oil change.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ted let us know what they say about it! Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took the xB in for the 5000 mile old change and told the servive writer about the noise. Unfortunately, the guys that change the oil are not the techs that do repairs etc. Must make an appointment with the "real" repair guys to have them check it out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
same problem on my 08, sounds like its coming when the bottom of the glass where the glass meets the left and right pillars. Creeks when I hit bumps, but for the most part it only happens when the weather is cold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys,

I just got my Scion xB 2011, only 470 kms on it and I am getting that sound from the passenger side, windshield area... either from the top or the bottom part of it in the front...

any ideas of the fix... does it have to be repaired... i am sad about this.
please let me know!
ASAP!
thx.
Carlo

·
Registered
417 Posts
ive been working on figuring out a fix for this like i said my 08 i had and my 11 do the same thing, so far i cant come to a solution and scion cant seem to make the noise go away either

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The black plastic at the bottom of the windshield (outside) that surrounds the windshield wipers SEEMS to be the culprit. When I tap on it and press on it in certain areas I can duplicate the creek sound. It seems like the plastic is chattering off the outside of the windshield. Try it out... it seems like if I took the plastic off and put some sort of foam in there, it might reduce or fix it

(the plastic that surrounds where the wipers bolt on. the whole tray that goes across the bottom of the glass)

Reactions: bigmarv_05

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive driven with the cowl off and it helps with some of the noises from the dash but not all of them
Did you take it off to see it thats what was causing the creeking?

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah it was only part of the sound. i had the metal tray underneath removed too, theres a lot of noises on these things and scion gave me the "what do you want for the price" excuse and so my response was hyundai's are the same price and dont squeak and rattle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that pisses me off....... BAD

1 - 20 of 69 Posts