Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 XB with 20k miles. I bought the car knowing it had a front end accident about 9 months ago. It hasn't given me any issues since I bought it. About a month ago the- ac was working fine. stopped at a store for a few minutes and when getting back in the car, the ac was not blowing any cold at all- just hot. I messed with the buttons and switches and the ac came back on a minute later. so I thought it was just a bad connection. I know the compressor kicks on because I see the rpms go up a little as I start the AC. for the past month there is no rhyme or reason when the ac will work or not work. I had the refrigerant refilled on Friday- worked good for 5 minutes and then started blowing hot air, about 15 mins later it started working again. Anyone else have this issue? I know when the car was fixed they had to replace one of the refrigerant lines that was damaged in the collision, but it worked fine til about a month ago. is it a high or low pressure switch? compressor? any ideas as I don't want to be screwed when getting it repaired. thanks j

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sounds like a loose conection or may be the ac relay is bad. you can test the relay. if the relay is bad it will be hot to the touch so turn it on and when it stops feel the relay.

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Definitely worth a shot, but it sounds like a relay to me.

---------- Post added 06-18-2013 at 02:07 PM ----------

*worth a shot at toyota

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warranty. Doesn't the car have a bumper to bumper 36k/36month warranty? I would check with any Toyota dealership or call Scion themselves.
no, the car was in an accident and has a restored title. also here is a pic of my fusebox- do you know which one is the relay for the ac compressor as they are labeled as fans

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe it'd be one of the bigger ones on the right side, obviously. I guess run the a/c and see if one of them gets hot.. I searched for a layout to no avail. I am having the same issue with my XB1.

Does the inside of the fuse box lid have a layout of the fuses?

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cant find any info about the 2011 xb relays or low pressure ac switches. I tried to feel for a hot relay and none of them were hot. so now I am wondering about the low pressure switch. I wish I could find a mechanic I could trust. No ac in phoenix is tough, and this weekend it supposed to be 120

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hear you...I'm in Albuquerque and it was 103 today...and I'm headed to San Antonio this weekend where it humid too!!

Hope you figure it out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 2011 xB. Each morning, it only blows hot air at first. Then, after turning the AC switch (off - then wait - and on again) After doing this about five or so times, it finally begins blowing cold air, very cold. And for the rest of that day when running errands, it blows cold immediately when starting the engine. The following morning the same, only blows hot air at first, until cycling the AC on/off button several times. Anyone have any luck in determining the problem?:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have a 2011 xB. Each morning, it only blows hot air at first. Then, after turning the AC switch (off - then wait - and on again) After doing this about five or so times, it finally begins blowing cold air, very cold. And for the rest of that day when running errands, it blows cold immediately when starting the engine. The following morning the same, only blows hot air at first, until cycling the AC on/off button several times. Anyone have any luck in determining the problem?:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello mark my name is Vince. have you tried your cabin filter which is inside your glove compartment Box. It behind.
the filter underneath the glove compartment Box. Just look it up ty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts