Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my xB in for brakes, and the mechanic insisted on ceramic brake pads?? I had a Toyota Tundra for over 10 years and regular pads always worked for her!! Brakes and rotors for her were HALF the price for what they're wanting for my xB!! He said it was because it's a "performance" vehicle ceramics is all it'll take! Looking for another opinion!! I'm a new parent in the xB world...just bought her 6 mths ago!!! Please any knowledgeable opinions are welcomed!!!

·
**** in a Box
1,484 Posts
That's stupid. Just get normal brake pads. They're trying to upsell you.

And lol @ calling the xB a "performance" vehicle. What a dumb mechanic.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I learned a new dislike for stealerships this past May. Daughter in law took my yellow box in for an oil change. When she left, they had convinced her she needed new tires, wiper blades and a new battery. To the tune of almost $1000. I found out too late. I'm still pissed. In her defense, she knows nothing about cars. It might have needed wiper blades, but that is it. Like Icedragon said, don't listen to them, they are trying to upsell you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ceramics put out less brake dust and have a shorter stopping distance. But unless you drive fast and brake hard a lot it's not significance enough to matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only ride Ceramic.

They work great not much dust.

Some shops do Ceramic Brakes for cheap. Try and find one of those shops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts