Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Scion XB
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
We have a White 2010 Scion XB , automatic, 127,000 miles. Love the car. Had a 2006 XB too. This one has never been in an accident- clean car. We are the 2nd owners. Local mechanic repaired exhaust pipe, alternator and replaced battery. Has new brakes and tune up. Mechanically running great- Electrically -not so much- Check engine light and other dash lights all came on after exhaust / battery /alternator repair. Car idles slightly rough and slow at a stop light, and power steering tight intermittently. Car is drivable. Lights do go off sometimes.

Original mechanic was unable to perform complete diagnostic on car as did not have the computer to do so, and advised us to go to Toyota's service dept. near us. He thought it was the PCM and beyond his expertise. Toyota diagnosed codes P0102, and P0500 per paperwork, and repaired Mass Air sensor and left rear wheel sensor for over $1700.00. Kept car 10 days as part needed to be ordered. Picked up Saturday- returned Monday- Day and half later, all lights on again, and car felt the same. This time diagnosed C1201 and C1241 and said would cost us another $2,000. - ABS module noted on paperwork and ECM explained over the phone- said part is very expensive- would need to be replaced. They are just replacing parts but not fixing it...We declined as going broke on car and no longer trust them. Any thoughts on what to do with car next, how to fix? Any mechanics out there, owners with similar problem? How did you repair it?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
177 Posts
Oh, damn. Sorry to hear, that dealer sounds like complete garbage. If you've already dropped 1.7K and it's not running properly, that's messed up.

Very little experience with Gen2s, but at least you've got codes and can look them up online to hopefully tackle the next steps. We have some Gen2 members on here, hopefully they can chime in with advice.

Until then, you can always share pics of your ride. Always fun to look at at least!

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,689 Posts
Having multiple electrical issue would indicate to me that it's something with the wiring harness or grounds. Pull the airbox and check that the main battery/engine ground point under it does not have corrosion and is not loose. If it doesn't have a good connection you will have various electrical gremlins like you are having.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mass air sensors are very easy to change & or clean. With the proper MAS cleaner you can get from any auto store. Such as O'Riely's or AutoZone even Napa. I know PepBoys used to carry it but now they only do service work. Check out possible code issuses online. Forget about taking it to a dealer cause all their gonna do is kill you on pricing. Find a good local mechanic that's trust worthy & do some research online for a shop near you. I rarely go to a dealer for help. Even if you tell them what the problem is. They will state that they have to do a diagnostic which, is BS in my book. I have a driver door that won't open at all. The handle mechanism is broken & I talked with the service dept. at Toyota of Modseto. They wanted $180 just to do a diagnostic on it & I told them that the door handle mechanism is broken & no need for a diagnostic check. They told me that it's their policy to do a diagnostic check on every vehicle that comes into their service dept. Total ripp off as far as I'm concerned. I've done a ton of work on my xB from just lookin on the web & also lookin on youtube.

·
Registered
2010 Scion XB
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, damn. Sorry to hear, that dealer sounds like complete garbage. If you've already dropped 1.7K and it's not running properly, that's messed up.

Very little experience with Gen2s, but at least you've got codes and can look them up online to hopefully tackle the next steps. We have some Gen2 members on here, hopefully they can chime in with advice.

Until then, you can always share pics of your ride. Always fun to look at at least!
Thanks for your answer....posting a few pictures...We love our car but have decided to put it on the market..if anyone interested on the east coast- 2010 Scion XB with 138,190 miles..dashboard lights still on ...we have the codes, but we can not put more money into the car, so are going to let it go. It is driveable but needs they say a new ABS module... Is there somewhere on this forum to post XBs for sale? Thanks

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts