Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my local shop hooked me up with a Kenwood double din touch screen with 2 camera input and installed a front and rear camera. This receiver comes with a DVD player and a USB input. It all seemed too awesome until I was driving down town and noticed, I can't receive any AM or FM HD or any radio stations. I went back to the shop, they said, "no one listens to radio anymore..." Well, I am old and I like AM radio for news or local information. He says, it's got Android auto. Well that means,burn my data so I can try and mirror my phone.

None the less, I called Kenwood, they explain, their stereo receivers don't do well with AM and FM radio. So, I asked, then why false advertising HD radio? They hung up on me.

Can anyone help an old guy to get a new stereo?

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,492 Posts
Pull the radio and see if the blue wire is hooked up to the adapter harness. I'll take bets that they didn't hook up the powered antenna connection.

Will you get as good reception as the stock radio, no. But you should still get decent reception with an aftermarket radio once the power for the antenna is hooked up. I've run aftermarket radios for years and even in a poor reception area I can pull in enough stations for listening.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Im looking for a new upgraded radio with all the hooks ups as well, seem a few on amazon.

Any Smart Radio w/ camera and all, Reccomendations?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got Kenwood with Navigation built in, Front and rear camera. I'm not sure, but I think you can put a USB stick in to get music.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, my local shop hooked me up with a Kenwood double din touch screen with 2 camera input and installed a front and rear camera. This receiver comes with a DVD player and a USB input. It all seemed too awesome until I was driving down town and noticed, I can't receive any AM or FM HD or any radio stations. I went back to the shop, they said, "no one listens to radio anymore..." Well, I am old and I like AM radio for news or local information. He says, it's got Android auto. Well that means,burn my data so I can try and mirror my phone.

None the less, I called Kenwood, they explain, their stereo receivers don't do well with AM and FM radio. So, I asked, then why false advertising HD radio? They hung up on me.

Can anyone help an old guy to get a new stereo?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would check to see if they just didn’t hook it up. I just installed a new Kenwood DMX7706S Receiver it has am fm with it and it works fine. I barely use it, Im always using Apple play. Good luck bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts