Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;) :D hey i am 18 and will have enough money to get an xb by june 2006 i want a r.s 3.0 xb but i kno it will be sold out bey then and i dont want a used car so should i wait for the 2008 xb . i heard it will take styling cues from the t2b and that would look great except for the van door help please thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Actually, late fall of 2006 should see the release of the all new 2007 "xB" (which will likely NOT be called the xB). So, your wait may be worthwhile if you like the t2b's general styling (many things will change from the concept to the production model, but I can't see them changing the general shape very much since it was so well received).

Now, fairly reliable rumor is that there WILL be a RS4.0 xB BEFORE the release of the 2007 model. Details on this are very sketchy and it may not happen at all, but someone in your position could afford to wait and see.

Hopefully that's at least mildly helpful.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Actually, late fall of 2006 should see the release of the all new 2007 "xB" (which will likely NOT be called the xB). So, your wait may be worthwhile if you like the t2b's general styling (many things will change from the concept to the production model, but I can't see them changing the general shape very much since it was so well received).

Now, fairly reliable rumor is that there WILL be a RS4.0 xB BEFORE the release of the 2007 model. Details on this are very sketchy and it may not happen at all, but someone in your position could afford to wait and see.

Hopefully that's at least mildly helpful.

-Alex
Well, I guess I'm just partial to the square shape we have now. I always liked the VW Squareback and I just see the xB as an updated version of that styling. But, I'm not gonna knock something I haven't seen yet........ ;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Well, I guess I'm just partial to the square shape we have now. I always liked the VW Squareback and I just see the xB as an updated version of that styling. But, I'm not gonna knock something I haven't seen yet........ ;)
I like the square, but I don't like the concept car shape. It looks too much like a PT Cruiser from the side view and it's bad enough that the HHR looks just like the PT. :eek: But just like Dtrain, I'm not going to knock it until I have seen it.

Keep it square, keep it square!! LOL!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hey, just so that everybody knows, I have it on VERY GOOD authority that this:

[IMG2]http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/10293_XIDBXKBAWWKRA.jpg[/IMG2]

WILL NOT be the next xB. Our will be much better looking than that morphidite looking thing!

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Hey, just so that everybody knows, I have it on VERY GOOD authority that this:

[IMG2]http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/10293_XIDBXKBAWWKRA.jpg[/IMG2]

WILL NOT be the next xB. Our will be much better looking than that morphidite looking thing!

-Alex
This is what happens when the PT and the HHR breed! :eek:

I know that change can be a good thing, but why change what works? I've read that Scion expected the xA to be the big seller (Alex?), but the xB took off in a way that caught all off guard. And now they want to "redesign" it? Subtle changes, ok. But anything too radical may cause them to lose their customer base imo.

Or, have eveyone looking to purchase used boxes!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
First, yes, Scion expected the xA to outsell the xB simply because the xA was more mainstream. However, it wasn't that big of a blow when the xB sales took off because of the staggered launch. Had Scion tried to release nationwide on the first go I think we'd still be trying to sell the leftover '04 xAs!

Second, it's always been in the Scion business plan to change the models every 3-4 years (effectively halfing the life cycle of a standard Toyota model). The idea was to keep the vehicles fresh for a market that is very willing to abandon the latest and greatest thing for tomorrow's latest and greatest thing.

So, here's my educated guess as to what to expect. Look for a full redesign that still maintains the flavor of the xB. Still boxy, still roomy inside, still VERY unique, but with all of the major complaints about the xB addressed (like a bigger engine). Look to the '03 Toyota 4Runner for the kind of thing I'm talking about:

2002 4Runner:

2003 4Runner:

Still very recognizable as the same vehicle, but also very updated and fresh at the same time.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Ok, I can get behind that kind of thinking. (I sound like a typical customer, huh? :D ) I've grown so very fond of the xB, it seems like an old friend would be leaving if it changed too much.

As far as the 4Runner comparison, it makes since. I had a '97 Tacoma, and I really like the styling, wasn't too happy when they changed it. However, new Tacoma (and 4Runner) buyers were thrilled with it, so the next gen buyers got something different that they liked. (My 2 cents.)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
This should be our replacement.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
admin said:
The rear is hideous on that thing
^^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^

I'm trying hard not to be negative about something I've only seen in photos, but it just doesn't "speak" to me like the xB did when I first saw it, if that makes sense. ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
dtrain619 said:
However, I really like the interior! A little spacey, but something I could live with!! :D

Let's see...DAMN, I can't find them anywhere. There were some really good spy shots of the 2007 xB interior (not the bB) on SL a while back and I can't find them.

In any case, the interior will tighten up because we'll be getting a floor shift and bucket seats in ours just like the last one.

I'll keep looking.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
those cupholders built into the doors are sick!! :D but I'm not too fond of the midget lights in the back either

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.