Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
who's worried about fuel efficiency? We live in America. Not even my wifes tC can beat my 93 Daytona for MPG's. Sorry, she gets me by a mile. That car is 24 average and her's is 25. And have spirited driving habits sometimes. Come on!! I sure didn't by my xB for fuel economy. Averages 25 with the Works on and 29/30 with stockies. I almost put without but it wouldn't go anywhere without wheels...lol. Why do you think the cars got bigger in the first place. we need to haul our fat asses around more comfortably and that requires bigger engines that, Gasp, use more fuel.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
yeah...my bones are pretty big too....but thats only cuz I am 6'7"

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a WHOLE foot taller than me.

Since when was it cool to be tall?? I missed THAT boat for sure!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hopefully the new xb wont go the way of the pt cruiser..........senior citizens driving 90% of them... gah, everytime i see a pt cruiser i know to switch lanes bc its alwyas some old guy over 40-50 driving 10miles below speed limit, lets hope scion didnt pre-destine the new xb to be the same.......an old person magnet...lol (no offense to those clubxb members over 40, you've at least got good taste and drive an xb)

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Hopefully the new xb wont go the way of the pt cruiser..........senior citizens driving 90% of them... gah, everytime i see a pt cruiser i know to switch lanes bc its alwyas some old guy over 40-50 driving 10miles below speed limit, lets hope scion didnt pre-destine the new xb to be the same.......an old person magnet...lol (no offense to those clubxb members over 40, you've at least got good taste and drive an xb)

When did 40-50 become old????

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
yeah..."old" is 75+ LOL

around here, EVERY car is driven by an older person...some of them 80+

(I live in Palm Springs...SnowBird country)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Odd, I mostly see younger folks driving them - at least younger than me...

Tom

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
that does not take much Tom....LOL, just playing.

Last time I heard the average buyer of the xB was actually 35 yo...wich is EXACTLY what Scion was aiming for...finally someone does it right ;)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah, the majority of folks I see in xBs look to be in the 25-35 range, those in tCs seem to average about 5 years younger (20-30) and the xA folks seem to be either very young gals or the geriatric set, with few between.

When we had Exposed 3 up in Seattle, I was the guy at the gate greeting and directing each car that came in. Judging by what I saw there, I'll stand by what I said above, which is based by what I see 'in the wild' locally.

Considering the objective of Toyota was to appeal more strongly (not exclusively) to a generation or two younger than the Toyota average, it seems they were a success at that.

This next round, with the xB2 and xD should further cement the brand into a younger mindset. The are actually listening to their customers, and learning. Scion is a young company, and they are trying a lot of ideas that really are new. Not all of them will work - they aren't expected to. If everything you try works, you aren't being adventuresome enough.

When I was at Bell Labs, my boss expected to see at least 10 to 20% failure rate on projects. If you were much below that (or over that), you got talked to, but he expected everyone working in the department to try things they weren't sure they could do - to stretch the limits, expand the possible.

I seems that Scion is taking a similar approach, willing to try new things, willing to admit fail if they are wrong, win big if they are right.

So far, they've managed a good balance.

I'm very pleased to see that in this industry. It's needed.

Tom

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
Don't care I would still get it. I'm still looking to trade in my wifes Pt Snooser (hey thats what she wanted) for the new xB,xD,T2B or what ever you want to call it.
I know people said when the xB came out that it was ugly and I got one anyways.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Pt Snooser, haha i like that! PT snoozer for a PINTO is a good trade imo. :p

JK

The xd should be amazing, i cant wait to see more of that one...

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
yeah...the Cockroach (no seriously..it looks like a scuttling cockroach) of the car world really sucks...the one thing I like about it thought is that they painted some of the interior pieces the match the outside

I am really stoaked to see the new Scions (but who isnt) but I am still not to happy that they are going to call it the xB.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I'm 43, and it seems like a pretty good mix of ages here in Dallas in the xB, although most are probably younger than me.

There's one guy that looks about 100 years old driving a PW....I keep imagining his grandkids waiting for him to kick the bucket, so to speak.....

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.