Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the headunit i chose, i love it, was affordable, simple, has 4v pre outs, dual camera if i want, changed the background to represent and make it look as if it was factory.

I chose the newest edition of pioneers 5 channel they just came out with, the dx975 when i was looking at the d9705 previously. The dx975 has gold plated rca and different internals including hi-res components, so i figured why not, if I'm gonna only use a 5 channel, might as well make it as nice as i can.

I used sky high audio 14 gauge ofc for the speaker wires. And here's where my over engineering comes into play. I read several posts where people had issues getting wire to the rear doors, and they drilled through the molex plug, that's sloppy to me, and what if the door needed to come off, not likely but still. So i removed the speaker wire pins from each plug and soldered the wire to them and stuck the pins back in, so they run through the same spot, eliminating the destruction of the plug and keeping it clean.

Yes, that red on the plug is blood lol

Pulled the rubber boot down through the destroyed speaker to easily feed the wire through and put the boot back in place. Was originally going to mount the speaker there as I've done with a few other vehicles but the factory bracket is too small, no worries. Ordered the brackets by metra, will update when they're done.

Out of order but heres the power split i used

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done.
Thanks man. The sub is going to wait a little while longer, my friend might give me one or I'll save and buy one. Been searching sub parameters and designing boxes on WinISD and have found some pretty epic designs, just gotta figure out what path to take.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
Great work! Very impressive! Be aware with the wattage and volume to not get blood out of your ears. ????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts