Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
go to drive nothing happens. I can reverse all day. earlier in week it would hesitate in drive then engage..today not so much..
Its the Transmission.. Plain and simple. How many miles? What's the history? Any accidents you know of? I had a 2008 that was a salvage car- transmission went out too- it just matters if you want to replace it. Cost about $400 for a used transmission with a 60 day warranty at most LKQ Junkyards. ( That's what I paid for mine when I had a 08) installation is either you doing it or getting something else. My. 2 cents.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the Transmission.. Plain and simple. How many miles? What's the history? Any accidents you know of? I had a 2008 that was a salvage car- transmission went out too- it just matters if you want to replace it. Cost about $400 for a used transmission with a 60 day warranty at most LKQ Junkyards. ( That's what I paid for mine when I had a 08) installation is either you doing it or getting something else. My. 2 cents.
85K miles, not salvage, clean history...or hidden somehow..guess that is possible. body very straight with original white paint.

·
Registered
197 Posts
85K miles, not salvage, clean history...or hidden somehow..guess that is possible. body very straight with original white paint.
Get a diagnostic at AutoZone or somewhere you trust- see if you can get some codes. Might be something simple like a connection or fuse. You won't know until the diagnostic. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same issue. Will only drive in reverse- no codes show up and already had transmission changed and still nothing
Had the fluid changed after water found in it. Mechanic said drive to see if trans ok before replacing radiator for water leak. It has been going back into drive nicely for a few days now. Keeping an eye on the trans level for water intrusion. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts