Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone know if there is going to be a 2007 xB, and what it's going to look like?

If there is going to be one, I'm thinking about trading in my 2006 BOP at that time, or getting an RS 4....or 5.......

whats up?

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you use the search engines, yahoo or google you will find a good amount of websites that have the spy photos. In my opinion the replacement xb looks like crap. It almost looks like a early 90's jeep crossed with a xb. Its unknown to date, as far as i know what its actually going to be named. Some say it will change, others say it will remain the xb name just a different body. Theres also rumors supporting the new engine, bigger and more powerful but i'm not so sure if i believe it until actual specs fall in the public eye. One thing is for sure, i hate it. Which i'm glad it looks the way it does, could possible make the current xb more valuable. Doubtful being a cheap car from the start, but you never know with the high demand thats still in effect.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Anime Gee. I guess really that nobody knows yet for sure. I don't like either one of them as much as I like my xB, but they both look cool, esp. the T2B (or whatever it was called, not the new BB).

It would be weird to me if they quit making my car right after I bought it. I like the idea in a way.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Alot of rumors are saying that the new bb in japan will not be the next xB....

There hasnt been really any definate answers at all.... im a google whore myself and been trying to find some info on this but .....been coming up empty.

I assume in may well get some info on the rs 4.0 based on their trend of press releases...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the current xB, and I am thinking of buying one until I saw the
t2B concept. I am holding out for the new one NOW!!

And more powerful engine will be good too!

Hope they will give more info about the next xB next month in the NY autoshow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm 90% sure that Toyota announced last year after the new bB concept was released that we will not be getting the new bB as the xb, and it will be a completely different design.

The spy shots show that its similar to the xb except its extended in the engine bay area and the cargo area. It also sits slightly higher.

H

·
0 Posts
I heard from and inside source that the next years XB will not look like Japans bB. (thats a good thing) Scion is building an assembly plant somewhere in Kentucky and we will have a US version of what ever is produced. The inside source did say that it will change tho.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is all the way back in July 2004 from Ward's Auto World mag..
-----
HEADLINE: Scion Brand Mulls 4th Car Model

BODY:
Development of a fourth model for Scion could begin as early as next year, says Brian Bolain, national sales manager for Toyota Motor Corp.'s start-up youth brand.

But Toyota won't expand the lineup until after the launch of the second-generation Scion xB, due to appear in 2007.

Bolain declares a Scion truck or SUV is not a possibility, but some other type of vehicle - such as a station wagon - could work for future lineup expansion.
---
Things might have changed since then.. But think of the popularity of the Dodge "stationwagon"-like vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.