Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, my girl decided to trade in her tC! Although it's not a box, in my opinion, she's doing a great thing by getting an xA, and the RS3.0 for that matter! Don't worry, I've already got big plans for this, when the time comes.

She's gonna pick it up tomorrow, cleaned and all ready for play. It'll be awhile till we can appropriate the funds for mods, but right now, coming stock with the Kenstyle kit, it's already one-upped all the xA's rollin' the STL.

Our first modifications will be a drop and wheels. From there, the sky is the limit. I'll get pics up after this weekend, maybe even not until mid next week, as it's supposed to snow here monday-wednesday.

I'm VERY excited about this, because I've always wanted an xA to mod, and now I finally have the chance!!

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few reasons:

1. Payments are less on an xA. Not to mention all the benefits; cheaper at the pump, cheaper insurance....etc.

2. It's a vehicle in 2 markets; US and Japan. Therefore the aftermarket is insane.

3. Who really likes the tC anyways? Whoo boy, 2.4 liters. I can get a new xB with that....

4. Going with #2, the aftermarket is nuts. Especially if you wanted to do a JAM thing....I'm sorry, I don't care how many times I see JDM headers for a tC, they're NOT JDM!!! Get over it, the car is US ONLY!

I could go on and on, but I'd rather not, as we all know that tC owners have ego's to fill, and my girl is FAR from that. Plus, she likes the whole VIP style..... :D Yeah, she's a keeper!

·
Registered
230 Posts
no i totally agree.. sorry to all the tC owners that happen to come on here, but i think the tC is a girls car.. I love my xb, but i agree if i want a 2.4L i would just buy the new xb.. even though i dont really like the exterior of it..

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tC is an anyone's car! It's just that there's a certain type of person who gets the tC and mods it. Most of those people are your late 90's Civic crowd (no offense) but most of those people need to boast about 1/4 mile track times. We'll see that too with the xB2. Sad times, no more people wantin' to camber it up...

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some before and after shots of the drop. Dropped with Tanabe DF210's.

We've also added wheels, chrome handle trim, chrome antenna trim, ist badge on the back (authentic). Waiting to get an authentic ist grille and emblem for the front. We're also adding rear 10mm Keoki spacers soon too.

Before Drop

After Drop

My favorite pic, the car just looks so aggressive at this angle:

Honestly, I love this car. I was torn between the xA and xB, and I know I woulda been happy with either one. When the time comes, I'm going to add cathodes and a light stereo, maybe a single 10 with a nice and nice low frequency range.

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! No-one liked em when they were on MY car!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

No, you can't go wrong with the DF210's. Her car is lower than mine, can you believe it? Well, it is my fault for opting to get the TRD's. I am currently looking for some CO's though.... *sigh*

·
Registered
614 Posts
We are a two Scion family. My wife drives a flint mica xA. I couldn't get her to wait for the RS 3.0 :rolleyes: I still want a RS 1.0 xA. :cool:

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heh, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on all the RS models made. However, with my current budget, and no garage.....Ain't gonna be happenin' any time soon. Bah well, I can still dream, and maybe one day I'll pick up all the RS OG Scions one day.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Glad to see you got rid of the lift kit. Looks good

·
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! When I look back at how I modded my car, I shoulda taken styling cues from my woman! I was all 'bout making the car go faster, and well.....My box IS faster than it was, but the money coulda been better spent. Ally's xA is looking super sweet, and with the other stuff I have planned up, it should be one of the hottest xA's in the midwest! I will update when updates are necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.